[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
ladsm.com - View topic - MPG
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:16 am

Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 
MPG 

Post MPG
I dont know if theres a thread about MPG already but i wanted to see if my mpg is normal or bad.

I filled it up on saturday at the meet spot. today it finally went on empty and i got 268 miles on a full.tank.
Half tank went to from the meet spot to Dana point and daina point home. That was roughly 90 miles.
The rest of the miles came from driving to work and errands.

Mods: 1000cc
Dual 255
18 psi
Built bottom stock head
FP Frank 5
speed density
225 45 17 perelli tires

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk 2

Wed Sep 12, 2012 6:57 pm

Post Re: MPG
someone asked the same question butt forgot who...i get 300-320 on a full tank butt i am stock. thats 80% freeway driving...although i did do 370 once on just freeway alone, granny shifting and not double clutching like i should...

Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:33 pm
Profile YIM

Ok well that's reassuring. I smashed 50% percent on this full tank. I'll fill it up again, and drive regular. My goal is to get as much mileage on a full tank.

Must resist flooring it when a Honda goes next to me and does a walk by lmao.

Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:55 pm
DSM Regular

Wow, that sounds awesome! If I get 220 miles out of a tank I call it a lucky one. It is a '91 awd and is mostly stock that I 'm driving every day. I noticed that it consumes considerably more gas on a colder day or at night. It is not the first DSM in my posession that has this trend.

Thu Sep 13, 2012 2:47 am
Death to Head Gaskets!

on 91 i used to get on average 19mpg +/- 1... longer trips with mostly freeway would net better gas mileage and that was on my old 20g now on E85 im lucky to see 15mpg usually its more like 12 mpg lol

Thu Sep 13, 2012 6:11 am
No More 2.3L

How many gallons are you talking about when you say a full tank? I know in my car the low fuel light comes on and it takes 12 gallons to fill it, but a real full tank is 16 gallons according to my owners manual.

452 AWHP 446 lb ft of torque e85 FTW!!

"They are cool manly men now those DSM owners. Before it was just pasty white nerds, metro hair Asian kids and fruit pickers. They do real car club stuff and everything. Sometimes they even spend money here :-/"

-Mike W

Thu Sep 13, 2012 6:37 am
Profile YIM

12 gallons.

Thu Sep 13, 2012 7:08 am

I usually get 140-160 miles to a tank.. of e85 :lol:

I'm beating on the car almost every time I drive it though.

I remember getting close to 250-260ish on my 16g with 650's, a walbro 255. I'd say your mileage is pretty damn good.

10.67@126mph

Thu Sep 13, 2012 3:47 pm
Profile YIM
frank the tank

I get 150 to a full tank 10 mpg e85. Driving like a mad man

2 fuel pumps
1600cc
Drag radials

1/4mile 10.5 @ 136 mph personal best 3582R Las Vegas
1/4mile 10.41@ 137.9 mph Fontana personal best 3582R
5 Gears...4 wheel drive/steer...3 Diamonds...2 cams...1 Turbo...0 Reliability

Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:11 pm
Profile YIM
The Don!

I filled up at the Arco I front of the Luxor in Vegas. Drove back to LA and still had a little less then half a tank pulling into ontario. I only did 3 pulls on the way from the Arco to state line. I have my fuel trims dialed in legit and I leaned out my idle and cruise 14.8 and 14.7 and sometimes see a 14.9. And I was costing the down hills.

Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:22 pm
Post Master

My car will do around 220 miles to 12 gallons. Not great, but not awful considering what's all done to it. I'm sure if we spent some time tuning it on the freeway, it would get even better. I'm running 1,000cc injectors and a megasquirt EMS.

I miss my Turbo Mirage. That thing was a gas mileage BEAST. I got 33mpg on an entire tank once. Being FWD and lighter definitely helps. The car had 660cc injectors, walbro 190, and an un-hacked 1g MAF on the stock 1.6L ECU. I used an S'AFC and a wideband for tuning. I also put a 1g FWD turbo transmission on it with an AWD 5th gear for even lower cruising RPM's. It was at like 3,000rpm at 75mph or something.

http://www.facebook.com/captaintonus

Sat Sep 15, 2012 8:55 am

well i thought my mpg was bad but from reading the mpg you guys get i'd say im getting pretty good mileage then.
i put 6 gallons and got 150 miles, but 90 percent fwy miles.
i'll fill it up today and drive the car how it should be driven and see how much mpg i get.

Sun Sep 16, 2012 4:40 pm

Post MPG
I get about the same as Tonus. I'm a lead foot though...every on ramp and off ramp becomes a road course corner when I'm driving my Talon. Plus I have more displacement. I want to take it on a road trip sometime to see what my real hwy mpg is.

Sun Sep 30, 2012 3:08 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 13 posts ]