[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
ladsm.com - View topic - Where to socket an Eprom around LA?
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:24 pm

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
Where to socket an Eprom around LA? 
DSM Regular

Post Where to socket an Eprom around LA?
I 've heard there are a couple of different ways of doing it so which one do you guys prefer? If anybody knows a place that would do a proper job around LA let me know. I don't mind a bit of driving so say within 15 mile radius from the downtown. Thanks!

Wed Aug 15, 2012 2:06 am

Post Re: Where to socket an Eprom around LA?
I'd send it to ecmlink if you can wait for the shipping, that way you know it's done correctly. Other than that, you could probably take the ecu to a TV/Electronics repair place and I'm sure they could do it.

10.67@126mph

Wed Aug 15, 2012 2:26 pm
Profile YIM

Somebody (i forget who) was asking me about this a few weeks ago and just recently got theirs done somewhere around here. Maybe they can chime in. There's also cRock at Zeitronix (go to zeitronix.com and look at their phone number), but he's really busy with product development but it's worth a shot. Another one is Curtis at DS-Map (Hackcenter). He runs DS-Map and I believe he can do it...or at least he'll know someone that can.

Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:24 pm
Profile WWW
DSM Regular

Just looking for a local place for now I guess. I 'll extend my radius a bit so if anybody knows a place that 'll do it right and where you or somebody you know did it let's say within an hour drive from LA I 'd like to know.

Speaking of "doing it right", which way are yours done? I 've heard of a couple of different ways: One where you gotta use a special tool, like plyers of sorts to pull it out and the other with a lever that pops it out by pulling on it. Which is preferrable in your opinion? Thanks for your input.

Wed Aug 22, 2012 1:20 pm
Talon of Doom

You have to desolder it. Pulling it out will just tear out all the traces. BTW I do ECU socketing. Hit me up for details.

Do you need your car tooned? Got some extra cash? PM me for details. I offer street and dyno tunes

Wed Aug 22, 2012 1:28 pm
Profile WWW
Luvz teh Beer!!

I'm assuming you all have guns and crack!

Wed Aug 22, 2012 1:44 pm
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]