[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
ladsm.com - View topic - an estimate.. $$
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:50 pm

Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ] 
an estimate.. $$ 
DSM Regular

Post an estimate.. $$
so i owe this muffler shope money for swaping my cat back for the OEM set up.. he is asking 150 which i think is ridiculous..
How much have you guys paid for this kind of work??

Sat Apr 14, 2012 3:27 pm
DSM Regular

Post an estimate.. $$
all they did was bolt the stock cat back on?

Sat Apr 14, 2012 3:52 pm
DSM Regular

Post Re: an estimate.. $$
Yeah that was it.

Sat Apr 14, 2012 5:10 pm
DSM Regular

Thats way too much for just switching exhausts

Sat Apr 14, 2012 6:06 pm
Goderator

Tell him to suck a banana. I wouldn't pay more than 40 bucks for a job that small.

Sat Apr 14, 2012 6:06 pm
DSM Regular

Post an estimate.. $$
seriously I paid that much for my shop to make a cat back lol

Sat Apr 14, 2012 11:03 pm
Post Master

I hope I dont get more dirt added to my name after this comment. But honestly bro If he is trying to charge your that much for that lil bit of work... Dont even pay them for trying to dick you... That sould be about 30-40 dollar job.

Im not gona lie but my exhaust guy use to do my 3" piping all the way to the back. With the flex part and all. for $110. Good work. Im thinking of going back to see if how much he would do me a electric cut out on the Tsi.

Sat Apr 14, 2012 11:32 pm
Goderator

how do you owe a muffler shop money? dont you pay before you drive away?

Sun Apr 15, 2012 1:28 am
DSM Regular

Yeah i will only give him 50 then.. @ chris.. My 15 year old cousin is working there. So i dnt wanna get him fired .lol

Sun Apr 15, 2012 3:00 pm
Quagmire

So you went to a muffler shop, asked then to do a job for you, and now you don't want to pay them????

Mon Apr 16, 2012 3:06 am

Irv
1990 talon tsi AWD SOLD,miss her :'(
2011 Hyundai Genesis. Project "sega" lol. SOLD.fuck you economy!
1996 Talon Tsi AWD.trying again.

Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:15 am
N00b

That's a douche bag move on your part. YOU should have secured an install price before you agreed to the work. They might be over charging you but as I'm concerned, if you were too lazy to install it yourself, then you pay whatever the asking price is.

Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:37 am
Death to Head Gaskets!

it at most could be an hour long job unless they ran into issues, most shop rates are $75 an hour.

but you should have gotten a solid quote upfront like other said, so its your bad.

Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:22 am
DSM Regular

I just got my catback done last tuesday at a local muffler shop in pomona. They gave me a quote up front on the labor before they even touched the car. By the way, i only paid 40 big ones and it was about an hour job. Should of asked before bro. Dont give DSM'ers a bad rap and pay what you agreed to.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk

Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:53 am
DSM Regular

We sorted things out and i end up paying a bill plus He did a quick tune up and changed one O2 sensor.. (i literally show him this post)

Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:45 pm
Reply to topic   [ 15 posts ]