[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
ladsm.com - View topic - my stupid high oil pressure
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:44 am

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
my stupid high oil pressure 
Death to Head Gaskets!

Post my stupid high oil pressure
background info
so im running a 6 bolt NT block(no oil squirters) with BSE kit i have 7 bolt helical oil pump gears, with a 90 OFH with a mild port, i even added an extra crush washer to the bolt that holds the relief valve spring. im running an HX35 with a -4 feed line and -12 return line and i run 10w30 Valvoline full synthetic

so my oil pressure at my the OFH is 75 psi on cold start up and about 40-50 once its warmed up (idle is about 1k)

now for the sensor i installed teed to the feed line for my HX35. on cold start i saw 50+psi and after warmed up i saw about 30psi of oil.

I was kinda shocked, I was expecting lower. The reason I even did this was because I am burning oil only when my oil pressure is high.

I haven't gone for a drive yet to see what my pressure is once im driving around.

im pretty stumped i think im going to have to pick up another OFH and port it more and swap them out.

Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:14 am
Death to Head Gaskets!

Post Re: my stupid high oil pressure
OK I wanted to update this thread for anyone else that has a high oil pressure issue.

OK ended up getting a spare 90 OFH from Frank so i pulled that spring clipped one coil off and then ground the side i clipped kinda flat, i wish i would have taken a pic of the two next to each other. so i installed it and so far its working good, i can get on my 2 step without blowing oil past the seals on the turbo, i was getting 50 psi cold start and i let in warm up a bit but i doubt my oil was at full temp yet, but so far so good!

Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:43 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]