[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
ladsm.com - View topic - Need help to smooth my ride.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:06 am

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
Need help to smooth my ride. 
N00b

Post Need help to smooth my ride.
I bought my car lowered and I love it except the fact thay i feel everybump in the road amd sumtimes i swear its going to rattle apart? Wut can i do to smooth out my ride without raising it?

And one last thing. My door alarm system is nuts. It goes off everytime i open my passenger side door. Anyonr know how to disarm it.

I drive a 1996 eclipse gs-t

Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:26 pm
Death to Head Gaskets!

Post Re: Need help to smooth my ride.
what suspension are you on?

Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:26 pm
DSM Regular

Bro, i have the same issue with the alarm. If i lock the passenger side from exterior, the green security light turns on, on dash. I still havent found how it really suppose to work or how to disable it completly

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk

Wed Mar 07, 2012 3:26 pm
N00b

I have no idea wut suspension i have. I bought the car as it is.

And yeah fool, ima pay sumone to disable mine cause im tired of having people climb in and out of my side just to sit in the passenger seat lol

Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:00 pm
N00b

I found these two post...would these parts help??

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/lgb/ct ... 60783.html

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/lgb/pt ... 00618.html

Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:52 pm
Death to Head Gaskets!

you need to figure out what suspension you have or you might end up buying the same thing

Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:13 am
Post Master

What black_gst said.

My guess is the previous owner just put lowering springs on the stock struts and left it that way. This would explain the crappy ride quality. These cars don't have a lot of suspension travel, even in stock form. Lowering it only makes things worse. On stock struts, I wouldn't lower the car more than 1" It's best to upgrade the struts and add lowering springs at the same time, but even then, I wouldn't recommend going extremely low. You need to break out the serious cash for a custom coilover setup (not chinabay coilovers), and you need to tune the spring rates to your shock valving. This is the only way to have a car be slammed to the ground, and still ride halfway decent.

http://www.facebook.com/captaintonus

Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:54 am

Yeah from your picture Your car does look really low. Im just hoping they didnt just cut the stock springs. I think one of the more softer springs out there is Eibach pro kits. I really enjoyed em on my 2 2g's I had. I also have tried different springs and suspension set ups on a 2g including megan coilovers. send me a msg if you need more help

Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:31 pm
Profile YIM
No More 2.3L

When I bought my car it had cut springs and felt like complete crap. At the time I got Eibach Pro-kit springs and Tokiko Illumina shocks and the car felt awesome. I have since upgraded from those to JIC coil overs that aren't as smooth but really help in Autocross.

452 AWHP 446 lb ft of torque e85 FTW!!

"They are cool manly men now those DSM owners. Before it was just pasty white nerds, metro hair Asian kids and fruit pickers. They do real car club stuff and everything. Sometimes they even spend money here :-/"

-Mike W

Fri Mar 09, 2012 6:17 pm
Profile YIM

Fri Mar 09, 2012 7:27 pm
Profile YIM
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]