View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:09 am

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
She's Dead :( 
N00b

Post She's Dead :(
was driving my gst last night when i looked down to see my oil guage was at 0... i put it in 4th to get to the shoulder, as soon as i pressed the accelorator, i heard major pinging/metal bouncing around in the engine bay.... just changed the oil monday with half quart or rizlone (oil stabilizer)I checked the dip stick this morning and the oil still looked brand new, no water no gas mixed in. I also am not leaking oil from anywhere... so my guess is spun bearing or 1/2 my bolts on the connecting rod gave way... I really dont understand because it was running like TITS 10 mins prior to this. Boosted fine getting on the freeway, and ive not taken the car past 5.5k/6k rpms the entire time since ive had it... so previous owner damage is my guess... Or maybe my oil pump gave out idk... any thoughts? also not sure if i want to rebuild it or just get a whole new engine... new engine is 1200 from a local shop unless anyone has a cheaper source... advice would be appreciated

Sat Jan 28, 2012 6:20 pm

Post Re: She's Dead :(
I think I member here has a used 7bolt in good condition.

Sat Jan 28, 2012 6:59 pm
Profile YIM
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]