[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
ladsm.com - View topic - My six bolts almost done!
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:19 am

Reply to topic  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
My six bolts almost done! 
DSM Regular

Post My six bolts almost done!
hey guys, i've finally got everything together to get my six bolt into my 2g and had one last question.
I've heard plenty of different ways to go about breaking in motors, but since the last one I saw blew up at 700 miles, I'd like to ask you guys how you'd suggest breaking it in.

Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:15 pm
Death to Head Gaskets!

Post Re: My six bolts almost done!
low boost and high RPM engine braking, dont sustain any rpm for any amount of time

Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:01 am
DSM Regular

That's what i did.

Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:24 am
DSM Regular

And lots of oil changes ! 20 miles, 100 miles, 500 miles at least.

Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:55 am

Low boost, high rpm, and frequent oil changes at 20mi, 100mi, 500mi, and 1000mi is what I did, and so far, my 6bolt is still running strong after about 3000mi.
Pretty much what everybody said is the way to do it.

2003 Yamaha R6

Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:20 pm
DSM Regular

So went to our the front case together and something doesn't look right, am I supposed to use the 6 bolt or 7 bolt front case gasket, cause I heard I'm supposed to use the six bolt but it doesn't look right. Image

Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:58 am

Simple. 6 bolt front case requires the 6bolt case gasket, 7 bolt front case uses 7bolt case gasket.

2003 Yamaha R6

Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:00 am
DSM Regular

alright I figured as much, thanks dude.

Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:28 pm
Squish Face

I hope your not reusing the pump from your other dead motor. And as for engine brake in goes, i agree with Adam.

Thu Mar 08, 2012 1:02 pm
Profile WWW
DSM Regular

no I'm not, but my friend is lol.

Thu Mar 08, 2012 3:38 pm
frank the tank

1/4mile 10.5 @ 136 mph personal best 3582R Las Vegas
1/4mile 10.41@ 137.9 mph Fontana personal best 3582R
5 Gears...4 wheel drive/steer...3 Diamonds...2 cams...1 Turbo...0 Reliability

Sun Mar 11, 2012 11:26 pm
Profile YIM
DSM Regular

well his car runs, so he's one up on me. lol

Mon Mar 12, 2012 1:57 am
DSM Regular

okay now this is just pissing me off, i was putting the timing belt on and now my tensioner won't swing far enough to allow me to put the belt on even.
how much do i need to grind off the SOB? I've taken more off then RRE suggests and more off the the water pump and still got nothing.
anyone who's done this, can you help a brotha out?

Wed Mar 28, 2012 2:41 pm
No More 2.3L

Could you post pictures? I didn't grind anything off the tensioner on my 6-bolt just off the motor mount plate. The timing belt is a bitch to put on when things work right.

Also you do still have the pin holding down the hydraulic tensioner, correct?

452 AWHP 446 lb ft of torque e85 FTW!!

"They are cool manly men now those DSM owners. Before it was just pasty white nerds, metro hair Asian kids and fruit pickers. They do real car club stuff and everything. Sometimes they even spend money here :-/"

-Mike W

Wed Mar 28, 2012 4:00 pm
Profile YIM
DSM Regular

yes, the i have the tensioner off and compressed with the pin in, the tensioner arm will only move bout a quarter of an inch and its stuck up enough to where i can't get the belt on at all.

Wed Mar 28, 2012 4:14 pm
Reply to topic   [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next