[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
ladsm.com - View topic - what happens when you blow a HG
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:59 am

Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
what happens when you blow a HG 
Death to Head Gaskets!

Post what happens when you blow a HG
I found this under my air filter
Notice the bent tabs

and heres the damage

Last edited by Black_gst on Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:28 pm

Post Re: what happens when you blow a HG
Yep, that's a blown HG alright :evil:

10.67@126mph

Last edited by -red97rum- on Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:32 pm
Profile YIM

Ouch!!

531.5whp 414.8tq @ 29psi, FP3575 on Q16

Wed Jan 18, 2012 1:03 pm
Death to Head Gaskets!

i was thrilled this

didnt happen again lol

Wed Jan 18, 2012 2:14 pm
DSM Regular

Was this on E85?

At least you didn't blow your HG like a pussy and went all out, too bad you can't reuse that head.

Wed Jan 18, 2012 2:35 pm
Profile WWW
Death to Head Gaskets!

Wed Jan 18, 2012 2:52 pm
Squish Face

lol adam, it don't knock right bro? Good luck on your next hg tho, i wanna see you run this thing at the track again!

Thu Jan 19, 2012 1:22 am
Profile WWW
Death to Head Gaskets!

Thu Jan 19, 2012 7:54 am
No More 2.3L

So about not running that Mitsu Multi-layer head gasket.......

452 AWHP 446 lb ft of torque e85 FTW!!

"They are cool manly men now those DSM owners. Before it was just pasty white nerds, metro hair Asian kids and fruit pickers. They do real car club stuff and everything. Sometimes they even spend money here :-/"

-Mike W

Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:15 am
Profile YIM
Death to Head Gaskets!

Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:25 am
No More 2.3L

What were your AFRs? You blow head gaskets as often as I kill turbos, we have a problem.

"They are cool manly men now those DSM owners. Before it was just pasty white nerds, metro hair Asian kids and fruit pickers. They do real car club stuff and everything. Sometimes they even spend money here :-/"

-Mike W

Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:26 am
Profile YIM
Death to Head Gaskets!

Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:07 am
No More 2.3L

Good call, sorry, I forgot you posted that earlier in this thread. Did the injectors have black goo on the tips?

-Mike W

Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:03 am
Profile YIM
Death to Head Gaskets!

they did last time, but i cleaned them up before i put them back in and they were working fine, or at least thats what i thought lol

Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:41 am
DSM Regular

Im gonna tell you more time adam go with MLS and you wont have the gasket blowing anymore and I dont know what machine shop u use but if there were good they would of caught the wall getting thin so that the coolant wouldnt leak in the chamber and they would of hit it with some alum. weld. if the MLS are to expensive for u go to parts dinosaur . com they got em 60 bucks...
Every dsm that runs fast and holds up are running MLS's My guy who is a speacilist in Mitsubishi 30 years said to go with a MLS I told him your theory he said not true if it is gonna blow its gonna blow no head gasket is gonna save it...

And about clogged up injectors Ive been running that ethanol conditioner from lucas for the past 2 months and seems to be working I talked to lucas comp. and told them that i use 91 once a month so that i can clean my fuel system and they said with this conditioner you wont need to that any more so seems like its true havent switched to 91 in a few months now....... \

either way Good Luck I got about 9000 miles on my built motor with the MLS and over 30 time slips best 1/4 12.1 @120 best 1/8 7.8 @96 and it still has more all of that without using no lift shift.. I had only one problem with the set up and it was at the beginning cutting the crank which I would never do again. Learned my lesson now I keep an extra crank around that isnt cut and in good condition.

Thu Jan 19, 2012 3:47 pm
Reply to topic   [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next