[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
ladsm.com - View topic - CA SMOG Laws SUCK!
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 3:45 am

Reply to topic  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
CA SMOG Laws SUCK! 
Goderator

Post Re: CA SMOG Laws SUCK!
Can go forward, just not back with engine years.

Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:33 pm
DSM Regular

Man if you got reffed your better of taking it to a family member out of state and putting it in there name and just pay the fine otherwise you be back and forth to ref station for years to come which will end up costing you more in the long run and if the car isnt extacly the way it came from the dealer you can forget about it passing,

but if your tring just to pass smog come up here and we can get it to pass smog.. I pass burning E85 out the 3"exhaust front mount built innercooler the whole nine at the smog station smog guy talking about its real clean so you know im not polluting just make sure your cat. is in.......

GOOD LUCK

Thu Dec 15, 2011 3:43 am
DSM Regular

I appreciate all the SMOG help. Theres a guy local to SD that said he would "accompany" me to the SMOG station someone in his family owns. We'll see if things fall through or not but I've spent quiet sometime hooking all this emissions shit back up, short of going back to the stock SMIC setup the damn cars back to stock!

If it comes down to going back to the stock SMIC I might as well take it into the REF and get the AWD swap BAR'd like the Honda crowd. The SMOG station I went to, after finding out the car was AWD, started accusing me of swapping in a Evo motor to do the drivetrain conversion. :roll:

Maybe I can talk CA to legally changing my VIN's 5th digit from a "K" (GST) to an "L" (GSX)?

Dustin/Christ, I may hit you up on those offers if things don't work out down here in SD. I appreciate the help...

Thu Dec 15, 2011 12:54 pm
Profile WWW
Goderator

Thu Dec 15, 2011 1:06 pm
Squish Face

That vented to atmosphere BOV is an auto fail. I passed my smog before with a 16g, FMIC and 1g bov recirculated. This was way back when, i still had all the emissions/evap stuff in there. Now it's just not worth my time to put everything back in including ecu/rewiring my harness so i just go the Christ way.

Fri Dec 16, 2011 12:38 am
Profile WWW
frank the tank

Good Luck

1/4mile 10.5 @ 136 mph personal best 3582R Las Vegas
1/4mile 10.41@ 137.9 mph Fontana personal best 3582R
5 Gears...4 wheel drive/steer...3 Diamonds...2 cams...1 Turbo...0 Reliability

Sun Dec 18, 2011 2:41 am
Profile YIM

I also got a guy that can help you out. But for $120. Can also PM for details if needed.

Sun Dec 18, 2011 11:12 am
DSM Regular

Come Friday I'll update what happened at the REF, if things go as planned I'll have a BAR'd legal AWD swap. ;) Odds are shit ain't happening though, I maybe PM'ing a few of you and making a trip up to LA after Christmas.

Thanks again for the help guys, I appreciate it.

Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:13 pm
Profile WWW
Squish Face

Change your bov before you go to the ref!!

Tue Dec 20, 2011 1:16 pm
Profile WWW
DSM Regular

Kris just dug up an old ETS 2.5" UICP, that LOOKS like it will fit my setup, with a 1g bov flange on it. Now I'm trying to source a 1g bov and in the mean time I guess it wouldn't hurt to see if the UICP will fit between the FMIC and coupler on the TB. One thing at a time and if this works I'm going to frame whatever paperwork I get from the REF if its a pass.

Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:05 pm
Profile WWW
Post Master

i have like 2 good non crushed 1g bovs?

Sat Dec 24, 2011 1:01 am
frank the tank

1/4mile 10.5 @ 136 mph personal best 3582R Las Vegas
1/4mile 10.41@ 137.9 mph Fontana personal best 3582R
5 Gears...4 wheel drive/steer...3 Diamonds...2 cams...1 Turbo...0 Reliability

Sat Dec 24, 2011 11:22 am
Profile YIM
DSM Regular

...and then there was silence.

Anyone who posted up to PM them for hookup info have any updates? I haven't heard back and I need to get my emissions taken care of. If not, I'm going to go get a UICP fab'd and flanged for a 1g bov and get this done the right way, I'd rather not go to the trouble though if I can help it.

Thanks!

Sat Dec 31, 2011 5:44 pm
Profile WWW
Goderator

I asked him about your situation, waiting for a response.

Sun Jan 01, 2012 5:31 pm
DSM Regular

Thanks!

Sun Jan 01, 2012 9:02 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next