[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
ladsm.com - View topic - Is an evo 3 or 4 conversion worth it?
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:30 am

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
Is an evo 3 or 4 conversion worth it? 
DSM Regular

Post Is an evo 3 or 4 conversion worth it?
I was looking at getting a 4door 96-00 galant, next year. Mainly because I have kids and a 4door would be nice.

Convert it to an evo 3 or 4. Not exactly the same but as close as i can afford to get it. Between the Evo 3 or 4 it looks like only the body style is different. (I could be wrong)

my plans would be:

- 4g63t, Ecu, and conversion to AWD.
-Evo 3 or 4 hood/body kit/rear spoiler
-some interior mods to look/feel like a true Evo. gauges, seats, dash ect.. (I have a feeling that will be the hard part... Finding evo 3-4 interior parts.)
- a major Suspension overhall
-(not sure what type of trany I should go with, being that it's a 4door) An evo trany are hard to come by I believe...
-and ofcourse tons of mods to get me up the 300-400whp range.

I've seen a few 96-00 for $1,200 - 2,500. Would it be a good project? Still deciding, not sure if it's a good idea...

Fri Oct 14, 2011 3:52 pm

Post Re: Is an evo 3 or 4 conversion worth it?
Wrong section.

Fri Oct 14, 2011 4:41 pm
Luvz teh Beer!!

If you want to convert to an EVO 3/4 you use a Mirage shell, I dont think any of the interior or body parts fit a galant. In the 99+ Galants people usualy swap in the EVO VIII drivetrain

I'm assuming you all have guns and crack!

Fri Oct 14, 2011 4:55 pm
DSM Regular

I just realized I wrote galant... Lmao, I ment mirage.... *typo* lol

Fri Oct 14, 2011 6:03 pm
Luvz teh Beer!!

If you can find all the parts and are willing to do all the work I think its worth it.

I'm assuming you all have guns and crack!

Sat Oct 15, 2011 2:11 am
Talon of Doom

Dunno....Im not one for JDM hype. The EVO3 and 4 had nothing worth hooting about. Unless you just want to be "different" like everyone else.

Do you need your car tooned? Got some extra cash? PM me for details. I offer street and dyno tunes

Sat Oct 15, 2011 11:15 am
Profile WWW
DSM Regular

Well mainly aiming for a fast 4door that i can build... I could use a 4door for a family car an still have a 4g63t under my hood and awd to hold my own on the road... (when I'm by myself ofcourse)

I'm still gonna keep my gst, jus would like a 4door for more room. But haven't made a final decision about getting a mirage, still doing research about the whole project... I've been thinking if it's cheaper going that route or buying a used evo instead...

Sat Oct 15, 2011 12:11 pm
No More 2.3L

Or you could find a Galant VR-4 and have an AWD turbo charged four door that is an awesome sleeper.

452 AWHP 446 lb ft of torque e85 FTW!!

"They are cool manly men now those DSM owners. Before it was just pasty white nerds, metro hair Asian kids and fruit pickers. They do real car club stuff and everything. Sometimes they even spend money here :-/"

-Mike W

Sat Oct 15, 2011 12:40 pm
Profile YIM
DSM Regular

Hmmm... I don't kno too much about the vr-4's... Gonna look into them now. That may be a good route as well, thnx for the heads up

Sat Oct 15, 2011 4:10 pm
Post Master

Vr4 is a 4 doors Dsm basically.

Tue Oct 25, 2011 4:05 pm
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]