[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
ladsm.com - View topic - Got oxidized Headlights??
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:00 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
Got oxidized Headlights??  
DSM Regular

Post Got oxidized Headlights??
I got this tip frm a friend....

I went to kragen/oreily auto parts, in the wax section... Get "TR-3", restores oxidized finishes. It works extremely well on paint and plastic headlights to get rid of the fog, brought mine bak up to 98% new and clear... And it only coated $7. Which is hard to use the whole bottle, I still got plenty left. I re-clear my headlights once a month to keep them close to new. I could take a pic but don't kno how to put it on the forum thru my phone (dont have a pc at the moment). Or I could show those that come at next meet on Monday.

Thu Oct 06, 2011 12:37 pm
Goderator

Post Re: Got oxidized Headlights??
I prefer to sand. Also, you wouldn't have to do that every month if you got rid of the oxidation and treated the plastic with a coat to protect it from further exposure. The reason headlights oxidize is they are coated from the factory with a sealant like clearcoat over paint. Once it wears down, the elements start to wreak havoc on the material.

Thu Oct 06, 2011 2:26 pm
DSM Regular

Post Got oxidized Headlights??
Ya tru... This stuff gets rid of oxidation and protects it frm further oxidation... I'll show u what I got on Monday, it's good stuff... Though, it works best in the sun because the product has to dry into the plastic to create a bond, before buffing off... I never tried sanding... This worked perfect on my lights.... If u can see how clear they are on my avatar pic

Thu Oct 06, 2011 4:31 pm

Post Re: Got oxidized Headlights??

2003 Yamaha R6

Thu Oct 06, 2011 4:45 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]