[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
ladsm.com - View topic - MPG
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:04 am

Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
MPG 
DSM Regular

Post MPG
from what i've been reading people have some modded dsms and still get good mpg, so say had modded dsm with things like bigger injectors, bigger turbo, 255lph fuel pump i can still get the same mpg as a stock dsm as long as i stay out of boost?

Wed Sep 14, 2011 12:04 pm
Official Photographer

Post Re: MPG
what mileage are you getting now? it all depends on how you drive there's a lot of things you can do to improve you mpg

Wed Sep 14, 2011 12:10 pm
Profile WWW

Im no expert im pretty sure someone can correct me but once you have bigger injectors you need a way to tune it with a piggy bank system.

To have good mpg you would need a good street tune.

but just say you had stock injectors and a bigger turbo-16g (stock boost) then I would think you would be fine.
Someone please correct me LOL

Wed Sep 14, 2011 12:11 pm
Profile YIM

+1 on what Doug said the way you drive also determines MPG. Do all your maintenance tune ups etc, check tire pressure. There is a lot of factors.

Wed Sep 14, 2011 12:13 pm
Profile YIM
DSM Regular

i drive really easy on the car on the car i try not to boost even on the freeway

Wed Sep 14, 2011 12:16 pm
frank the tank

It's really up to the tune I know Dsms run rich from factory
I know my evo eats gas like none other only get 20 mpg driving like a grandma

1/4mile 10.5 @ 136 mph personal best 3582R Las Vegas
1/4mile 10.41@ 137.9 mph Fontana personal best 3582R
5 Gears...4 wheel drive/steer...3 Diamonds...2 cams...1 Turbo...0 Reliability

Wed Sep 14, 2011 12:43 pm
Profile YIM
Goderator

What's mpg? I only know what mph is.

Wed Sep 14, 2011 12:49 pm
frank the tank

Wed Sep 14, 2011 12:52 pm
Profile YIM
DSM Regular

Wed Sep 14, 2011 12:56 pm
frank the tank

Wed Sep 14, 2011 12:59 pm
Profile YIM
DSM Regular

yup that's why i leave that car as my weekend warrior to cruise around in Hermosa and santa monica
okay lets say i upgraded my fuel pump on my eclipse could i still get the same mpg driving like a grandma?

Wed Sep 14, 2011 1:03 pm
Talon of Doom

You guys get MPG still??? Holy Fuck, I get Gallons per Mile.

JK, Cruising with a good tune you actually get better MPG than stock. My car gets 26mpg highest and average 22mpg and its a 450whp 430ftlb tq car.

Out of boost these cars are just a normal 2.0L 4Banger. Under boost with efficient turbos, we are packing double triple, quadriple that displacements worth of air and fuel into the same 4 cylinders.

For example:
No boost =2.0L worth of air and fuel
15psi = 4.0L worth of air and fuel
30psi = 6.0L worth of air and fuel
45psi = 8.0L worth of air and fuel
60psi = 10.0L worht of air and fuel

My car goes through 2 to 3 gallons of fuel in five 1/4mile passes. Literally Gallons per Mile.
But keeping 75mph across the dessert to AZ, it gets 26mpg.

All on 750cc injectors, 255lph pump and AEM EMS.

Bigger injectors and pump just gives you potential to dump more fuel if needed. You dont actually have to open the valve all the way up. Imagine the stock fuel system being your garden hose attached to your regular house water pressure. Enough pressure and volume to water plants, fill a kids pool, wash your car...whatever. House fully on fire...good luck putting it out with that.
Bigger fuel system is like a fire hose attached to a fire hyrant...you can put that fire out at full blast, but you can turn the nozzle down to still water plants, fill the kids pool, and wash your car.

Do you need your car tooned? Got some extra cash? PM me for details. I offer street and dyno tunes

Wed Sep 14, 2011 1:58 pm
Profile WWW
DSM Regular

thanks Illeagle, so it just depends on how your foot regulates on the pedal then right? so its like if i had the 255lph fuel pump i could push the injectors to its full potential but not the pump really right?

Wed Sep 14, 2011 3:43 pm
Talon of Doom

Do you need your car tooned? Got some extra cash? PM me for details. I offer street and dyno tunes

Wed Sep 14, 2011 5:07 pm
Profile WWW

All this talk about DSM's makes me miss my car even more :(

Wed Sep 14, 2011 7:38 pm
Reply to topic   [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next