[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
ladsm.com - View topic - Ref ticket
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:40 pm

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
Ref ticket 

Post Ref ticket
This is some mfbs! So I get pulled over for my exhaust then cop sees my aem boost gauge n asked me to pop my hood, I said no there is no reason why I should pop my hood, but I said it in a nice way, he said im going to give u five seconds or else im impounding ur car amd u will be going to jail. So I pop my hood lucky I painted my piping black but ass whip says I have a aftermarket kn filter n the biltz bov, so im ok ill kust get it signed off at my local police station for exhaust then he just decides that my car has to many illegal parts to let me go so he gave me a ref ticket! So my question is how can I avoid going to the hwy patrol station? Can I just pay the ticket or will I have to end up swapping everything back on there or just selling it??? This freaken sux major ballz my 99 gsx;(

Sat Jul 09, 2011 2:21 am

Post Re: Ref ticket
Honestly , either way your have to cough up some cash. Either pay the ticket and dont go to the Ref, or get /buy all stock parts plus pay the REF TO INSPECT IT and sign you off.. My friend just got the same thing on his evo 8 and the ticket was $1100 or so..

Sat Jul 09, 2011 5:18 pm

So what if I were to sell the car, Would the ref ticket transfer to them?

Sat Jul 09, 2011 7:01 pm
Post Master

If you sell the car, the ref ticket does not transfer over. At least, I don't believe it does. When I got reffed back in like 2005, I swapped my entire car back to stock and got it inspected, and it passed. It was a pain in the ass, but I didn't have the money to pay off the fine, and my car didn't have THAT much stuff done to it back then. If it happened to me now, I'd pay the fine, whatever it was.

A buddy of mine got reffed down here in SD a couple years back, and they didn't even give him the option to pay a fine. He ended up hiring a lawyer, and he was able to get out of the ticket completely, but the lawyer set him back a good $500-600.

http://www.facebook.com/captaintonus

Sat Jul 09, 2011 7:04 pm

Yeah ive heard back in the day it wouldnt transfer but now that the ref ticket increased idk how that would work

Sat Jul 09, 2011 7:37 pm
Official Photographer

Im pretty sure you wouldnt be able to sell the car if you dont take car of the ref. since it can not be registered if its flagged for ref. Ive heard you can make it no-op and just use it for track days. someone correct me if I am wrong

Sat Jul 09, 2011 9:57 pm
Profile WWW
Goderator

You wont know until you go to court and give you the bail amount.

Sun Jul 10, 2011 1:31 pm
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]