[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
ladsm.com - View topic - How to install my 2g full polyurethane front and rear roll s
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:47 am

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
How to install my 2g full polyurethane front and rear roll s 
Death to Head Gaskets!

Post How to install my 2g full polyurethane front and rear roll s
So here’s a quick write up that will show you how to install my polyurethane roll stops. It is pretty basic for most of you, but I do have a few tips.

So you just got you box from the UPS guy and you tear it open and you can hardly believe how beautiful the parts are! Now that the initial shock is over you notice a couple thing that you’re not sure how you are supposed you us or don’t know what to do with it.

The 1st thing you notice is this half of a ring

Well this pic ^ should help you, the stock rear motor mount is weak and this little half ring will stop you from bending the mount up when pressing out the stock bushing and when pressing in the included sleeve. But wait what sleeve?

^ That one, so once you either cut out the stock bushings or press it out, either will work, now you need to press in this sleeve. This will make the stock mount a bit stronger and give the bushings something nice to slip into.

I highly recommend a press

You will notice that for some reason one side of the stock mount had a slightly larger diameter press the sleeve into the smaller side and make sure you keep it as straight as you can. Also putting the sleeve in the freezer and heating up the mount will make things a bit easier.

So now you have your sleeve installed!

Looks sweet right?

Well that is the hardest part of this, so if that was easy for you then the rest is a breeze!

Now you have the front motor mount and if you have ever installed any other polyurethane motor mount this one is no different

On the right is the front mount, and the stock bushing has already been removed and again you can use a press or a reciprocating saw to get the mount out, then just clean the mount up a bit with some sand paper on the inside and slip in the new bushing!

All said and done you should have something that looks like this

Now to install them!

A couple tips when installing these, I'd recommend getting both mounts in place before bolting either of them down all the way. Now remember the center holes are not centered so you can rotate them to get them pretty close to lining up, now they still might be far enough off that you can’t get the bolt through, what I did was loosen up the motor mount bracket a bit so you can line everything up, then bolt everything down nice and tight!

Enjoy your mounts!

Fri Jun 24, 2011 8:26 am
DSM Regular

Post Re: How to install my 2g full polyurethane front and rear ro
Nice write up Adam.

I installed mine last night. Fitment was perfect. I really regret not getting the rear one though.
Ill be heading to the track tomorrow to see if it helps from the torn up mount that was in there before (which it obviously will).

Thanks again for making a great piece.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

Fri Jun 24, 2011 8:44 am
Death to Head Gaskets!

Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:21 am
Death to Head Gaskets!

if anyone has any install tips for these or problems please post them here

Thu Oct 20, 2011 10:52 am
Goderator

Install back first :smug:

Thu Oct 20, 2011 11:03 am

hydraulic press is a must i think

Thu Oct 20, 2011 12:38 pm
Death to Head Gaskets!

for the rear, yes, although when i make the next batch i have an idea that might make it easier

Thu Oct 20, 2011 1:13 pm
Squish Face

Just installed the front this last weekend, it was a piece of cake and it definitely helped get rid of some vibration in the car. I also replaced the front subframe bushings with some poly ones as well.

Mon Oct 24, 2011 12:04 pm
Profile WWW
Death to Head Gaskets!

Mon Oct 24, 2011 12:51 pm
Squish Face

Tue Oct 25, 2011 12:29 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]