View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:56 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
Got me another Turbo 
No More 2.3L

Post Got me another Turbo
So with the 8-blade HX-35 on the way out I got this 7-blade to replace it. I thought about upgrading to a 40 but I don't feel like trusting anyone out here with machining the turbine housing. I picked up this one from Performance Techniques and they hooked it up pretty good, $416 shipped to my door.

I'm probably going to put my current compressor cover on it because it is black and already machined for a boost source and has the flange ground down to fit a 2.5" coupler. This Sat. I will install it and we will see if I can get some more top end flow out of the 7-blade compressor wheel with this tiny turbine housing.

452 AWHP 446 lb ft of torque e85 FTW!!

"They are cool manly men now those DSM owners. Before it was just pasty white nerds, metro hair Asian kids and fruit pickers. They do real car club stuff and everything. Sometimes they even spend money here :-/"

-Mike W

Wed May 04, 2011 4:45 pm
Profile YIM

Post Re: Got me another Turbo
Nice and clean! The 7 blade is supposed to really outflow the 8 blade when it's in the stock housing. I'm sure it might pull a little better up top in the bolt on turbine.

10.67@126mph

Wed May 04, 2011 5:02 pm
Profile YIM

Nice. and good deal for a new hx35

Thu May 05, 2011 11:41 pm
No More 2.3L

Had a long day yesterday mostly due to working in the sun in my apartment parking lot. I had wanted to use the black compressor cover from my old HX35 but it turned out that the compressor wheel on the 7-blade is smaller so I had to use a dremmel to grind down the lip on the silver compressor housing. I would have killed for a nice air powered die grinder with a good cutting bit.

I need to do a bit of retuning and I only had a little bit of time last night but the very first pull in 2nd was promising.
40lbs/min at 22 psi.

She was getting real knock happy in 3rd on 93 octane so I need to sort that out.

452 AWHP 446 lb ft of torque e85 FTW!!

"They are cool manly men now those DSM owners. Before it was just pasty white nerds, metro hair Asian kids and fruit pickers. They do real car club stuff and everything. Sometimes they even spend money here :-/"

-Mike W

Sun May 08, 2011 6:18 am
Profile YIM
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]