[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
ladsm.com - View topic - hey can anyone help me out!!
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:59 am

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
hey can anyone help me out!! 
N00b

Post hey can anyone help me out!!
i got a 1997 gst my car is not boosting right, and in the dash board were the speedometor is at their s a gauge with a turbo looking picture and its working perfectly but the one next to it is simply not moving no more im guessing its my oil gauge but when i check my car oil level its perfectly fine,
so when my turbo was kicking in perfect the guage will be in the middle working perfectly, and now my turbo is not boosting the guage is just pointing Low with no movement what so ever.

Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:10 pm
DSM Regular

Post Re: hey can anyone help me out!!
Its kinda hard to understand that last 'sentence' but are you saying that you are not making boost or that your oil gauge is reading no pressure ? If its the gauge check the oil pressure sender and cable, the one on my brothers car is hanging disconnected and obviously results in no reading at that gauge.

As far as not making boost have you done a boost leak test ? Do you make any boost ?

Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:23 pm

First, a little info on your gauges. The factory boost gauge is complete crap and isn't based on actual boost. Doesn't matter what it says. The oil gauge (if that's what it is) does not indicate oil level, but rather oil pressure. If you run a car on low/no oil pressure the engine will blow up very quickly. I'm assuming there's something wrong with the oil pressure sending unit, wire, or gauge itself considering your engine hasn't seized and where's no loud clicking/clacking/knocking sounds coming from it.

Now, on the the boost...you need to be more specific than "not boosting right". Does it spool up slow? No boost at all? Spools early but not as much boost? There are several things that could be wrong. Blown turbo, boost leak, broken wastegate actuator, etc etc.

First thing you need to do is confirm that you actually have good oil pressure, then go on to solve your boost issue.

Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:36 pm
Profile WWW
N00b

well the car does boost around 2700-3k rpm and when i fully push the throttle it holds back and wont let the car push hard foward, also i notice that when it spools its louder now as well, and can anyone show me what cable might be disconected becouse their is 2 cables hanging by the alternator but dont know were they belong

Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:48 pm
Goderator

Google boost leak and boost leak test.

Fri Apr 22, 2011 5:20 pm
N00b

what im really concern now is my oil pressure is low the needle is at the bottom dosent move at all

Fri Apr 22, 2011 6:21 pm
Official Photographer

Fri Apr 22, 2011 7:37 pm
Profile WWW
DSM Regular

Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:03 pm
N00b

thanks for all you guys help really appreciate it maybe on the monday meet some can help me out

Sat Apr 23, 2011 11:55 am
Talon of Doom

one of the two wires hanging by the alternator is for the oil pressure guage. Done worry about your oil pressure, if there was something actually wrong, the engine would already be dead two minutes after you noticed it was "low". As far as your boost issue, sounds like A-boost leak, or B- dead knock sensor.
Google boost leak test, and learn how to make a tester, and do a test. It should become regular routine like oil changes.
Another indicator of a bad boost leak is the plugs will be black, and under boost you see black smoke in your rear view mirror.
If the boost leak test checks out, then most likely dead knock sensor.

Do you need your car tooned? Got some extra cash? PM me for details. I offer street and dyno tunes

Sat Apr 23, 2011 5:11 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]