[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
ladsm.com - View topic - My broken DSM
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Apr 15, 2024 8:54 pm

Reply to topic  [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
My broken DSM 
DSM Regular

Post Re: My broken DSM

Wed Apr 27, 2011 12:25 pm
Profile ICQ
Goderator

Saw your post on SA, good luck on getting your welding skillz up.

Wed Apr 27, 2011 1:19 pm
frank the tank

1/4mile 10.5 @ 136 mph personal best 3582R Las Vegas
1/4mile 10.41@ 137.9 mph Fontana personal best 3582R
5 Gears...4 wheel drive/steer...3 Diamonds...2 cams...1 Turbo...0 Reliability

Thu Apr 28, 2011 8:30 am
Profile YIM
DSM Regular

Well I was going to do a pretty mild rebuild. Until I talked with Robert at RRE and Greg at Millenium Motorsports... Those guys make some pretty persuasive arguments.

I just dropped my head and block off at Millenium this morning.

Here is the list...

Torque plate bore and hone
Resurface block
Resurface head
Valve job
Inspect, measure, and micro polish crankshaft
All new seals
Wiseco Pistons 8.5 CR
Eagle Rods
ARP hardware
Balance shaft removal
New Mitsubishi oil pump/front case assy
ACL H series bearings
Brian Crower springs and retainers
SS swirl polished 1mm oversize nitrided valves
Engine balance

I'm also probably going with a 2.3 stroker if I can find a 6 bolt 4G64 crank. Greg is looking for me and I've been scouring the internet, but If anyone has any leads please let me know! I'm also probably reinstalling the Green and routing the 40mm TiAL into the downpipe. Later I will also be picking up HKS 272s when my wallet rebounds from the murderating it's about to receive.

Saturday I start taking the front end of the Talon apart so I can begin the process of drilling out spot welds to replace my radiator support. I have so much stuff to do to get this car back together that I can't even make a list because I keep forgetting to add stuff to it. I just remembered this morning that I need new front axles too.

Thu May 05, 2011 11:39 pm
Profile ICQ

Damn man, so much for the mild rebuild! :lol:

Should be a blast though once you get it all together, keeps us updated on the progress.

10.67@126mph

Fri May 06, 2011 9:08 am
Profile YIM
DSM Regular

Greg was able to locate a 100mm crank, so I will be going with the 2.3 stroker. So that's exciting. I can't commend him enough on his customer service and communication. It's been a pleasure working with Millenium Motorsports so far.

I also just picked up some nice stuff at a local junkyard yesterday.

1g Eprom ECU (spare)
1g BOV (spare, though I don't really need 3)
2g AWD dual piston brakes (going on my Talon)
1g timing belt cover (going on my Talon to replace my melted one)

Mon May 09, 2011 7:17 pm
Profile ICQ
DSM Regular

*Steals/borrows the eprom ecu for his car*

Mon May 09, 2011 7:37 pm
DSM Regular

I got my head and block back from Greg at Millenium Motorsports. So far it's looking pretty good. I need to take some more pictures, but for now here is the block.

I ended up going with the 2.3L since Greg had a 100mm crank laying around. I was planning on keeping this a mild street car, but it's probably just a matter of time before a cage goes in at this point...

I'll probably have the stock crank and 1g rods for sale to help offset the price of build.

More pictures to come this weekend.

Wed May 25, 2011 1:06 pm
Profile ICQ

Looking good man, keep us updated!

10.67@126mph

Wed May 25, 2011 1:37 pm
Profile YIM
frank the tank

Nice 2.3 stroker on the Fp green should be lots of fun
What fuel setup do you plan to run ?

1/4mile 10.5 @ 136 mph personal best 3582R Las Vegas
1/4mile 10.41@ 137.9 mph Fontana personal best 3582R
5 Gears...4 wheel drive/steer...3 Diamonds...2 cams...1 Turbo...0 Reliability

Wed May 25, 2011 11:15 pm
Profile YIM
DSM Regular

I have FP 650cc disc injectors with a rewired Walbro 255 right now. That was fine when I was running 26psi on 93 octane with an SAFC, but we'll see what happens when I get everything put together. This will be running on 91 octane with ECMLink V3 since there are no E85 stations near me, so I'll probably be pushing the limits of those injectors.

Plans right now are to put the 14b on there since I am trying to get this out of state car registered for the street in CA and it needs a fighting chance to pass the visual inspection at the DMV. Plus I want to take it a little easy on the fresh engine and I still have stock cams. Once I get it running I'm sure I will be reassessing the situation.

Wed May 25, 2011 11:33 pm
Profile ICQ

10.67@126mph

Thu May 26, 2011 9:16 am
Profile YIM
Death to Head Gaskets!

Thu May 26, 2011 11:30 am
DSM Regular

Thanks guys, very helpful! I'll definitely go through AAA then.

This is my setup as it sits now (or will once I get everything back together. This picture was taken 9 years ago.) I just figured it might be a touch too illegal looking to pass a visual inspection. I will be painting the intake pipe and IC pipes matte black, as well as getting black couplers for everything. I just figured the external WG and dump tube might tip them off.

Thu May 26, 2011 3:40 pm
Profile ICQ
No More 2.3L

You are going to like that 2.3. Greg built mine for me last year and I have been having fun with it as long as turbos stay alive and my transmission stays in one piece, but that is another story.

I broke in my 2.3, Sam tuned it, and then I drive it 2,700 miles across the country. I trust Greg's work.

452 AWHP 446 lb ft of torque e85 FTW!!

"They are cool manly men now those DSM owners. Before it was just pasty white nerds, metro hair Asian kids and fruit pickers. They do real car club stuff and everything. Sometimes they even spend money here :-/"

-Mike W

Thu May 26, 2011 3:58 pm
Profile YIM
Reply to topic   [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next