[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
ladsm.com - View topic - Need opinions from whoever Knows whats UP???????????????????
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 12:52 am

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
Need opinions from whoever Knows whats UP??????????????????? 
DSM Regular

Post Need opinions from whoever Knows whats UP???????????????????
Well im looking to putting together a solid build and was looking for some general feedback..I got a 6 bolt Im reboring to fit some Wiseco's 8:5 with the right amount of clerance to sqeeze and high boost. Holding those together are Eagle H beams, ARP 2000 Rod studs. with a balanced Crank.Rotating through ACL Race bearings, Being held together with ARP Mains...Balanced shafts removed' Oil squiters still in.Factory Oil pump and Water pump and Factory gaskets.Im getting the Arp L19 headstuds with the Multi-layer OEM Headgasket My head has lil port n polish work with 1mm oversized Stainless Steel Valves with Evo 8 valve springs and retainers.. 3g revised lifters with 272 HKS intake & exhaust cams.. Now what I was hoping for from everybody is that if you seen anything wrong already let me know your opinion for that??
I plan on Drag Racing Running Hard with this car and well aware of the Tranny problems.That will be Phase 2....

Timing Belts: Will the OEM hold up or should I put one of those Kevlars? Many people say OEM are tough enough and many say to upgrade it. Which for 40$ more I can get A Gates Racing Timing Belt. But there are different types Greddy, HkS,Etc
I called each company And they say they have there own version of kevlar some nylon Well the only company that repersanted Kevlar is Power Enterprise EST. 1997 Japan and US
Whats everybody onpinon on that?

Update

OPINION FROM JOHN SHEPARD:::::::.......................................................................

We just run the gates Kevlar belt.
Thank You

John Shepherd

Shepherd Transmission Inc.

Sent: Tuesday, December 07, 2010 2:50 PM
To: tech@sheptrans.com
Subject: Technical Opinion

Dear sheptrans,
I'm putting together a 2g GSX and intended to run 700-800 AWHP Drag car already got my rear differental serviced by you guys.Im sending my transfer case and in process of putting together the motor. The question is What timing belt should I run or what do you guys recommend or Which timing belt do you guys run in your 8 sec. Talon?................................................................................................................

Tensioner: Should i get a OEM hydralic tensioner or Solid tensioner?
Whats everybody think about that?

Update

"Got some advice from Robert at road race and He said OEM hydralic is the best peferred"

Engine Block Girdle are they necessary?

Rockers OEM or Do they make Aftermarket Stronger ones?

I will apreciate everyones feedback ASAP thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Last edited by 50trimanic on Sun Dec 12, 2010 11:24 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Thu Dec 09, 2010 10:54 am
Post Master

Post Re: Need opinions from whoever Knows whats UP???????????????????

http://www.facebook.com/captaintonus

Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:29 am

I use the non-hydraulic type tensioner with no problems. I wouldn't recommend it on a daily driver, though. Another option is o-ringing the block or head.

531.5whp 414.8tq @ 29psi, FP3575 on Q16

Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:55 am
DSM Regular

what do you mean by oringing

Found out what it means and we talking more money00000000000

Last edited by 50trimanic on Sun Dec 12, 2010 11:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Dec 09, 2010 12:44 pm
No More 2.3L

The setup looks good, I don't know how high you can rev with the Evo valve springs. If you plan on really running the engine in the high RPM range maybe bee-hive or dual springs from kiggly, fp, or supertech.

452 AWHP 446 lb ft of torque e85 FTW!!

"They are cool manly men now those DSM owners. Before it was just pasty white nerds, metro hair Asian kids and fruit pickers. They do real car club stuff and everything. Sometimes they even spend money here :-/"

-Mike W

Thu Dec 09, 2010 12:45 pm
Profile YIM

lots of people say "HELL NO" to the Gates belt...

Thu Dec 09, 2010 1:27 pm
Profile YIM
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]