[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
ladsm.com - View topic - Not Sure What Tires To Get
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:30 pm

Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Not Sure What Tires To Get 
DSM Regular

Post Not Sure What Tires To Get
I want to replace all 4 tires on my GSX. But i'm not sure what to get. I'm debating over the Nitto Neo Gen and the Dunlop Direzza's. My Eclipse isn't my daily driver. So i don't care for tread life. I want an ultra performance tire that i can have fun in the twisties and sometimes drag race. What do you recomend?

Size 225/45/17

Thu Oct 14, 2010 9:08 am
Profile YIM
Death to Head Gaskets!

Post Re: Not Sure What Tires To Get
hankook RS-3

Thu Oct 14, 2010 9:12 am
Post Master

I've been hearing great things about the Dunlop Direzza Sport Z1 Star Specs. I think I'm gonna give those a whirl on my Mirage. Pretty reasonably priced too. Can't go wrong either with the Azenis RT-615's or the Hankooks like black_gst said.

http://www.facebook.com/captaintonus

Thu Oct 14, 2010 10:21 am
Squish Face

Honestly i would go up to a larger wheel that can accomedate at least 235's. But im a fan of the azenies, pretty good bang for the buck.

Thu Oct 14, 2010 11:15 pm
Profile WWW
DSM Regular

I don't want to go for a bigger wheel. I'm just going to use stock 17's

Fri Oct 15, 2010 7:17 am
Profile YIM

RS-3 is good (i ran RS-2's a while back), they have lots of grip and are well mannered. If it's not a daily driver I'd recommend an R compound tire, but then you're spending big bucks. Toyo R888's are a good choice for R's. A LONG time ago I had a set of Toyo Proxy 4's that I was really happy with, but I don't know how well they compete now. They were affordable, had lots of grip, and did really well in the rain.

Keep looking, there's a LOT of choices out there. I'd recommend an 8in wide tire so you can run 235's though if you really want good grip in the twisties.

Sat Oct 16, 2010 12:50 am
Profile WWW
DSM Regular

What's the widest size tire i can put on stock 17" GSX rims?

Sat Oct 16, 2010 9:00 am
Profile YIM
DSM Regular

On the stock GSX rim I would do a tire wider than 225 or a 235 max.

I've had 255/40/17 Falken RT-615 on a STi i use to have. Tons of grip. Very stiff sidewall, a bit noicy, but very daily drivable.

I've had the Toyo Proxes4 235/45/17 on my GSX and they are too easy to break loose, not grippy enough. Had them mounted on 17x8.5 BBS rims. Also very loud but long thread life.

I have 245/40/17 Falken FK-452's on my GSX mounted on EVO 8 Rims. Very quiet, good grip.
I also have them on my wife's Lexus GS400 in a 255/40/17

A just got a set of Hankook Evo V12's in a 225/40/18 for my VR-4. Haven't really had the chance to push them as its been raining but so far they feel very grippy. very quiet aswell.

I have a set of 4 used Yokohoma R compound tires that I am willing to sell with lots of meat left on them if you are interested

90 GSX - HKS' Former Promo Car -Sold

Wed Oct 20, 2010 12:31 pm
Death to Head Gaskets!

Wed Oct 20, 2010 12:51 pm
Post Master

Toyo's Proxies RA-1 very good tires.

Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:43 pm
DSM Regular

Anyone got any ideas how the Hankook Evo Ventus 12s handle snow?

Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:44 pm
Death to Head Gaskets!

they are a summer performance tire. they arent rated for snow

Thu Oct 21, 2010 6:56 am
DSM Regular

I'm going to get Dunlop Dirrezza's DZ 101. 225/45/17 I had them on my AWD Talon in the past and i really liked them. They held the car nicely around corners.

Thu Oct 21, 2010 7:31 am
Profile YIM
Talon of Doom

Dz101's are a good set of tires, but nowhere near the level of am r comp tire. I can probably top those in price and performance, what's your budget, and how long do you expect them to last, and how many miles a year you plan to drive?

Do you need your car tooned? Got some extra cash? PM me for details. I offer street and dyno tunes

Thu Oct 21, 2010 8:24 am
Profile WWW
DSM Regular

Thu Oct 21, 2010 10:21 am
Reply to topic   [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next