[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
ladsm.com - View topic - I Dynoed My Eclipse
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:59 pm

Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
I Dynoed My Eclipse 
DSM Regular

Post I Dynoed My Eclipse
Well i finally got my DSM Dynoed.
The #'s are:
336 AWHP
285 AWTQ

My list of mods are:
HX35
4" Intake
JMF SMIM
FP Turbo Manifold
HKS 272 Cams
3” Turbo-back With Apexi Muffler
Tial 38mm External Wastegate
SS Auto Chrome Fmic
HKS SSQV BOV Black Edition
DSM Link V3
680 Injectors

I'm only running 18lbs of boost. According to DSM Link i'm at 89% Duty Cycle on the injectors. I'm on a very very conserative tune. On the dyno my wideband was at 10.1. I got full boost at 4k rpm's. At 6500rpm's i started to lose power because i'm running to rich. This is on 91 octane gas. When getting tuned my Timing was never touched.

I got the car dynoed at Yimi in Santa Clarita. I went there because i wanted to leave my wheels on when on the dyno. Yimi DID NOT Tune the car. Beau Did the tune for me.

I'm going to get bigger injectors and run Speed Density to push for more power.

When i get the chance i will post the dyno for you to see

Sun Aug 15, 2010 8:28 pm
Profile YIM
Goderator

Post Re: I Dynoed My Eclipse

Sun Aug 15, 2010 9:09 pm
DSM Regular

I felt it would read true whp

Sun Aug 15, 2010 9:33 pm
Profile YIM
Goderator

In that case, which brand dyno does the shop use?

Sun Aug 15, 2010 11:58 pm
DSM Regular

if you lean it out alittle then you will get some of that injector duty cycle back. and turn up the boost everyone is scared of the 91 oct.

1991 tsi awd stock bottom end w/ 2g head, kiggly springs, HKS 272's, RC1200's, shep4, QM twin, fp manifold, full megan exhaust, hx35 in bep housing, ets 4" fmic, BJ'sSMIM, Tial bov, tial 41mm, v3 ecmlink SD, 30psi, E85, 99 problems and this Bitch is one

Mon Aug 16, 2010 12:05 am

Mon Aug 16, 2010 12:42 am
Profile WWW
DSM Regular

here is my experience. my current setup is a stock 160,000 mile bottom end with arp head studs and 2g head hx35 @28psi on 91 oct, 950cc injectors, and 2g timing maps as they are less agressive than the 1g timing map. no knock 11.2-11.5 afr's but im runnung an ets fmic this is just my experience 12.5@115 with no second gear

1991 tsi awd stock bottom end w/ 2g head, kiggly springs, HKS 272's, RC1200's, shep4, QM twin, fp manifold, full megan exhaust, hx35 in bep housing, ets 4" fmic, BJ'sSMIM, Tial bov, tial 41mm, v3 ecmlink SD, 30psi, E85, 99 problems and this Bitch is one

Mon Aug 16, 2010 4:54 pm
DSM Regular

The car is actually tuned for about 10.8-11.0 AFR across the board, but the injectors were sticking open at higher RPM, causing the AFR to plummet. Once you get the bigger injectors in we'll be able to up the boost and keep the AFR consistent across the RPM range.

Beau

Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:01 pm
DSM Regular

It was a Mustang Dyno. Where its on the rollers

Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:16 pm
Profile YIM

Wed Aug 18, 2010 12:49 am
Profile WWW
DSM Regular

Wed Aug 18, 2010 10:08 am

Yup, I'm running SD through Jackal. I need to get out and street tune it some more or get on a dyno. I've already modified the map significantly from the 2.0 map, but I'll keep leaning it out up top to see if it comes down. The main issue I'm running into now is consistency though. Jackal has IAT compensation, but it's in the process of being improved upon. My AFRs will be of by .3 or so at different temperatures on different days. I've re-enabled closed loop for cruising so that I can maintain a consistent AFR for good gas mileage, but as soon as I stomp on it I'm at the mercy of the IAT compensation table.

Sorry to jack the thread, I might start my own thread as I get into this further.

Wed Aug 18, 2010 10:20 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 12 posts ]