[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
ladsm.com - View topic - Coolant overflows into Over Flow Tank
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:35 am

Reply to topic  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Coolant overflows into Over Flow Tank 
DSM Regular

Post Coolant overflows into Over Flow Tank
My coolant over-flows into my over-flow tank and never returns. It will actually over flow the over flow tank and spill over. My Eclipse won't over heat. I just need to add coolant to her every time i get home. I replaced the Radiator cap and that didn't help. I've asked around and nobody has an answer for me.

Fri Apr 02, 2010 7:15 am
Profile YIM
Death to Head Gaskets!

Post Re: Coolant overflows into Over Flow Tank
blown HG or worse! no doubt

Fri Apr 02, 2010 8:40 am

all that racing with bimmers and such finally took its toll huh, lol! Check for basics first before assuming its HG; radiator cap, bad hoses, bad thermostat, air bubble. Is ur radiator stock? This happend to me when i had an aftermarket radiator and my overflow tank would overflow..

Fri Apr 02, 2010 8:56 am
DSM Regular

Doubt its a blown HG. There isn't any white smoke coming out of the exhaust. I do have a stock radiator. I did replace a smaller coolant hose right before this started to happen.

Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:23 am
Profile YIM
Goderator

Medrivfast_Meovrheat

Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:23 am
DSM Regular

Car doesn't over heat. Its not my DD. I can drive 20 miles and this will happen.

Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:46 am
Profile YIM
DSM Regular

Are you sure you don't have the throttle body coolant feed hose going to the overflow bottle? :P :yawinkle:
compression test, coolant pressure test. Hasn't chris tried to figure it out yet?

Fri Apr 02, 2010 10:35 am
DSM Regular

Chris hasn't looked at it yet

Fri Apr 02, 2010 10:48 am
Profile YIM
Talon of Doom

you can blow a head gasket and not burn coolant and not have chocolate milk in the crank case. If you blow it between the combustion chamber and coolant jacket, you will push compression into the the cooling system and pressurize it. You can do a hydrocarbon test on the coolant and see if you have hydrocarbon/combustion residue in your cooling system. Or you can let the car cool off all the way, take off the cap and top it off and leave the cap off. Start the car and rev it. It's normal to get a little spillage from the pump building pressure, but if you get a geyser, then you are pushing coolant. That will put the nail in the coffin.

Do you need your car tooned? Got some extra cash? PM me for details. I offer street and dyno tunes

Fri Apr 02, 2010 4:25 pm
Profile WWW
DSM Regular

When I top off the coolant I let the car idle to clear the air bubbles out. But, there is a constant small air bubbles that won't stop. I have a feeling I have a hole in a line somewhere. The bubbles come from the same area. Opposite side of the radiator.

Fri Apr 02, 2010 5:01 pm
Profile YIM
Talon of Doom

Do you need your car tooned? Got some extra cash? PM me for details. I offer street and dyno tunes

Fri Apr 02, 2010 7:21 pm
Profile WWW
DSM Regular

I did as you said Sam. I let the car cool down and topped off the coolant. I had my wife start up the car and revved it. No geyser. The coolant just raised slightly each rev

Fri Apr 02, 2010 7:30 pm
Profile YIM
DSM Regular

How do I find where the air is Coming in? I tightened all the clamps

Fri Apr 02, 2010 7:52 pm
Profile YIM

do a coolant pressure test!

Fri Apr 02, 2010 7:53 pm
Profile WWW
DSM Regular

^^^ for the second time. :hfive:
and compression test, for the second time.
You guys and your composite gaskets with high boost. lol . :roll:

Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:29 pm
Reply to topic   [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next