[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
ladsm.com - View topic - Wes's Car finally acting like a DSM.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat May 04, 2024 3:00 am

Reply to topic  [ 289 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 20  Next
Wes's Car finally acting like a DSM. 
No More 2.3L

Post Re: Wes's Turbo Issues
I won't have time to work on my car until Friday afternoon and then I will take the turbo off so I can get it to Performance Techniques on Monday to get their insight on why it died. Pretty much just expecting them to confirm that oil pressure was the issue.

Also I need to pull the transmission out of the car because it suddenly got pissed while I was free reving the engine. The only reason I only know what my oil pressure did up to 5200 RPM is because that is where my transmission broke. I think Jesus hates my car now for some reason.

If anyone wants to come by the shop in San Dimas Friday afternoon/evening I will be there pulling shit apart.

452 AWHP 446 lb ft of torque e85 FTW!!

"They are cool manly men now those DSM owners. Before it was just pasty white nerds, metro hair Asian kids and fruit pickers. They do real car club stuff and everything. Sometimes they even spend money here :-/"

-Mike W

Wed Mar 10, 2010 5:21 pm
Profile YIM
The Don!

i'll stop by if you need a hand?

Wed Mar 10, 2010 8:15 pm
No More 2.3L

I could definitely use a hand for actually lowering the trans out of the car.

"They are cool manly men now those DSM owners. Before it was just pasty white nerds, metro hair Asian kids and fruit pickers. They do real car club stuff and everything. Sometimes they even spend money here :-/"

-Mike W

Wed Mar 10, 2010 8:22 pm
Profile YIM

I don't mind man handling your tranny Wes I already man handled your motor lol. Ill stop by I have NOTHING to do on Friday I might learn something along the way so its cool.

Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:38 pm

Im in. What time?

Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:37 pm
No More 2.3L

I have to be at school until around 3:00 so I probably won't be in San Dimas until about 4:30 or 5:00.

-Mike W

Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:19 am
Profile YIM

i'll give you guys all call to see if your still there. i get out of work pretty late.

Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:24 am

Ill stop by on my way home from dropping my girl off just need an address and a time

Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:32 am
No More 2.3L

231 W. Allen Ave. San Dimas Ca. 91773
I should be there from 5:00 on.

-Mike W

Fri Mar 12, 2010 12:27 pm
Profile YIM

sorry wes traffic was a bitch on the 57 and the 210 didnt even get to apple vally untill 9

Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:49 pm
No More 2.3L

It's cool Edger and I had the trans out by 9:00 and then I took it to road race where Sam dissembled it. It turns out my fifth gear had tried to weld itself to the input shaft either form lack of oiling or to much pre-load or both. New parts to be ordered Monday and also turbo to be brought to performance techniques on Monday.

-Mike W

Sat Mar 13, 2010 2:24 am
Profile YIM
Talon of Doom

5th gear cant be pre-loaded. The shaft bearings sits under 5th gear, under that mid plate, so whatever shimming you do to the gear stacks, doesn't effect 5th.

Do you need your car tooned? Got some extra cash? PM me for details. I offer street and dyno tunes

Sat Mar 13, 2010 12:54 pm
Profile WWW
No More 2.3L

Good to know, I'm writing an e-mail to TRE right now. All I need are the three parts I took home right? Fifth Gear, the bearing race, and the hub?

-Mike W

Sat Mar 13, 2010 12:57 pm
Profile YIM
No More 2.3L

Here is a picture of the badness that happened to fifth gear. Check the carnage and discoloration to the mating surfaces.

-Mike W

Sat Mar 13, 2010 3:28 pm
Profile YIM

Post Re: Wes's Car finally acting like a DSM.
Damn that sucks. At first I would have thought it was an oiling problem from the assembly lube getting in there and clogging stuff up. But now we know since it's destroyed turbo #2.

And for the 5th gear, I was browsing tuners and came across TRE 18% taller 5th that is local. Might want to check that out.

Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:58 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 289 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 20  Next