[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
ladsm.com - View topic - Wes's Car finally acting like a DSM.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:06 pm

Reply to topic  [ 289 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 20  Next
Wes's Car finally acting like a DSM. 
DSM Regular

Post Re: Wes's Turbo Issues
I hope it works out. I to am worried about my 2.4 i haven't fired it up yet , I have no idea what my oil pressure is going to be don't want to wast a brand new turbo before I get everything figured out.

Sun Mar 07, 2010 9:46 am
Quagmire

You can always try feeding it from the head.

Sun Mar 07, 2010 1:07 pm
No More 2.3L

Justin on Tuners said not to do that if you are going to push the turbo past 25psi. The 35psi regulator in the head will end up starving the turbo of oil at max flow.

452 AWHP 446 lb ft of torque e85 FTW!!

"They are cool manly men now those DSM owners. Before it was just pasty white nerds, metro hair Asian kids and fruit pickers. They do real car club stuff and everything. Sometimes they even spend money here :-/"

-Mike W

Sun Mar 07, 2010 1:08 pm
Profile YIM
Quagmire

Well Justin also told you to put a restrictor on it and it will solve your problem right???? Hmmmmmmm......

Sun Mar 07, 2010 1:15 pm
No More 2.3L

The man makes a good point, I don't know what I'm going to do I'm so pissed right now I don't want to work on the car at all. I wish I had the money to just buy a new setup.

"They are cool manly men now those DSM owners. Before it was just pasty white nerds, metro hair Asian kids and fruit pickers. They do real car club stuff and everything. Sometimes they even spend money here :-/"

-Mike W

Sun Mar 07, 2010 1:17 pm
Profile YIM
Quagmire

35 bucks plus shipping from extreme psi will solve your problems....

http://www.extremepsi.com/store/custome ... 336&page=1

and if not....get rid of that pinche turbo!!!

Sun Mar 07, 2010 1:22 pm
No More 2.3L

I already have a fitting to run a line from my head, the new turbo already has shaft play so the damage has been dine. I can try changing the feed location and see what happens though but I think the best bet is to take the turbo off and re-build it.

-Mike W

Sun Mar 07, 2010 1:26 pm
Profile YIM
DSM Regular

35 psi from the head for a non mhi journal bearing turbo isn't enough, your going to have to put a gauge at the ofh to find out what your pressure is. Justin from tuners was correct about installing a restricter. But if you have over 100psi at wot even a restricter will not bring the pressure down just the volume, to much crank case pressure which will not allow the oil to flow properly causing pressure build up in the turbo. Excessive up and down play is from to much oil pressure causing the shaft to make contact with the journal bearing. Your going to need to get your oil pressure to the turbo down to 50-60 psi. Port your oil filter housing, and maybe take a turn of the spring in the relief valve.

Sun Mar 07, 2010 2:02 pm
Squish Face

Yeah i agree with velocity, don't feed the turbo from the head. Once you have your sending unit in it will help you figure out the problem. I do however think its excess amount of oil pressure what did the damage (even with the restrictor in place).

Sun Mar 07, 2010 7:03 pm
Profile WWW
No More 2.3L

Confirmed it today, I actually put the sending unit right where the turbo was being fed from and for the testing purposes moved the feed line to the head so it would still get oil at idle and during free revving.

On an almost cold start (car only sat for about an hour so it was a little warm) I got 75psi right off the bat. My sending unit is only a 0-100psi unit and during free revving in neutral I was showing 100 psi by 5000 rpm. I need to take off and port the OFH before I get a new turbo on there.

-Mike W

Mon Mar 08, 2010 2:41 am
Profile YIM
DSM Regular

Port it, and then if that's not enough you can take a turn or so off the relief valve spring

Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:02 am
Death to Head Gaskets!

what oil are you using? 10/30? i have pretty high oil pressure as well and i use 10/30 and i think i am going to switch to 5/30 and see what happens

Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:06 am
DSM Regular

5w30 isnt going to make a difference in your oil pressure once you get to operating temp...only way to reduce oil pressure is porting the relief valve.

Mon Mar 08, 2010 12:00 pm
No More 2.3L

Like stated ti shouldn't matter much but I have 5w30 in the car.

-Mike W

Mon Mar 08, 2010 12:15 pm
Profile YIM
DSM Regular

damn wes! i just read through the thread and im sorry to hear about your PTE turbo misfortunes... :goodman: im surprised you and sam were able to get a good dyno out of that first turbo without it blowing seeing 100psi+ oil pressure going to it.

cya at RRE dyno day with a healthy turbo i hope.

Mon Mar 08, 2010 7:10 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 289 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 20  Next