[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
ladsm.com - View topic - Wes's Car finally acting like a DSM.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:52 am

Reply to topic  [ 289 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next
Wes's Car finally acting like a DSM. 
No More 2.3L

Post Re: Wes's Car finally acting like a DSM.
I think it just wore down. It suddenly went from working fine to not being able to handle any torque. I'm going to try to pull the trans tomorrow morning and ship the clutch to PTT for a rebuild.

The clutch still feels perfect cruising around but as soon as the turbo spools it lets go.

452 AWHP 446 lb ft of torque e85 FTW!!

"They are cool manly men now those DSM owners. Before it was just pasty white nerds, metro hair Asian kids and fruit pickers. They do real car club stuff and everything. Sometimes they even spend money here :-/"

-Mike W

Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:02 am
Profile YIM
Death to Head Gaskets!

Fri Mar 04, 2011 11:06 am

446 ft/lbs of torque...

Fri Mar 04, 2011 12:56 pm
No More 2.3L

Pulled the clutch out today, it was just worn out, no major problems.
New clutch disks = 0.200"
Wear Limit = 0.185"
My Disks = 0.170"

I'm sending the clutch, flywheel, and tob to PTT on Monday since they offer free labor on refurb service. I'm going to by new disks and any other needed part and they will fully inspect the clutch and get it in like new condition for me to play some more.

"They are cool manly men now those DSM owners. Before it was just pasty white nerds, metro hair Asian kids and fruit pickers. They do real car club stuff and everything. Sometimes they even spend money here :-/"

-Mike W

Sat Mar 05, 2011 6:30 pm
Profile YIM

y'all need parts HMU! TNAautosports West Covina.
- We don't discriminate on cars.. we sell everything!
- If i can't beat the price, i definitely can Match it!

Sat Mar 05, 2011 9:23 pm
Profile WWW
No More 2.3L

There was a little shipping drama but I got it back and am ready to reinstall today. The coolest thing about this clutch is that most of it can be re-used, the cover, spring, flywheel, and floater were all in spec. I just needed new disks for $180 and a new pressure plate for $130. It's awesome to be back in business for around $320.

-Mike W

Sat Mar 12, 2011 10:34 am
Profile YIM
No More 2.3L

She's alive!!!!!!!
Got the clutch back in and put everything back together. There is nothing like 32 psi pulls to brighten your day.

-Mike W

Sat Mar 12, 2011 8:00 pm
Profile YIM
DSM Regular

:drinkers: cheers to that!

Sun Mar 13, 2011 2:06 pm
No More 2.3L

E85, cool air, and 4th gear.

-Mike W

Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:18 pm
Profile YIM
No More 2.3L

I logged a quick 2nd gear pull on the way home from work tonight. The car is running strong as all hell and man am I close to the end of these 1200cc injectors. Although it probably could lean out a bit and still be safe since it's at 12.0:1 on e85.

-Mike W

Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:53 pm
Profile YIM

Awesome, can't wait to see you car back in action out here!

10.67@126mph

Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:36 am
Profile YIM
No More 2.3L

That isn't going to be for a while. But I will be running it in the 1/8th out here on the 17th. We will see how she does.

-Mike W

Wed Apr 06, 2011 3:43 pm
Profile YIM
Talon of Doom

glad its back to 100% again. Now start a new thread fucker!! Seriously though 18 pages or wahhh wahhh..my car this, my car that. Whatever happend to "While I was picking stuff up at the shop today I took some shots of the rear brakes and a farther off shot of the front. This Wednesday I'm going to assemble the engine and get it ready to drop in. I also realize that this thread is a huge rambling nightmare, I will lock it up once the car runs again. Any problems form then on will be a new thread."

LOL j/k But awesome dude. Get that thing out to a real track and see what it can do

Do you need your car tooned? Got some extra cash? PM me for details. I offer street and dyno tunes

Thu Apr 07, 2011 2:13 pm
Profile WWW
No More 2.3L

I'm going to go ahead and extend my bitching thread since my trans decided to no longer have 3rd and 4th. Hopefully I just broke a shift fork. I will probably pull the trans out next weekend and get a look inside.

-Mike W

Sat May 14, 2011 6:48 am
Profile YIM
No More 2.3L

Just packed up my trans and carried it's 128 pound ass to the UPS store and shipped it to TRE The last build was a stage 2 and it made it 74,000 miles. This one will be a stage 3 or 4 so hopefully I can expect more of the same performance from it once I get it back.

-Mike W

Sat May 21, 2011 12:06 pm
Profile YIM
Reply to topic   [ 289 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next