[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
ladsm.com - View topic - to the people using ARP's
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:26 am

Reply to topic  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
to the people using ARP's 
DSM Regular

Post to the people using ARP's
heyyyy its been a while.... how u guys been? well i have a question for the guys running on the ARP head bolts. i was wondering how tight you guys are running them?? i pretty much blew my head gasket. so long story short i am getting these bad boys since they seem to be popular and they seem to hold well. i am also going with the Mitsubishi composite head gasket since i am not really planning on running super high boost. just 14psi at the most. but yeah i was just wondering how tight you got your bolts and if i'm doing the right thing. ha thanks guys.

Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:43 am
Profile WWW
Squish Face

Post Re: to the people using ARP's
With the provided arp lube i set mine to 95 lb/ft and they hold the head down great.

Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:44 am
Profile WWW
DSM Regular

Fri Feb 26, 2010 1:03 am
Profile WWW

Mine are at 70 and I was running 15psi and my headgasket is still good. I was told 70 is good by god himself but idk I might need to torque it down some more. Do it in the correct order and in 3 steps that's how I read to do them.

Fri Feb 26, 2010 9:05 am
Quagmire

95 ft/lbs

Fri Feb 26, 2010 9:17 am
No More 2.3L

I'm using the mitsu multi layer head gasket and my arps are torqued to 95 ft-lbs of course tightened in the right sequence and in 3 steps then checked after about a week of driving.

452 AWHP 446 lb ft of torque e85 FTW!!

"They are cool manly men now those DSM owners. Before it was just pasty white nerds, metro hair Asian kids and fruit pickers. They do real car club stuff and everything. Sometimes they even spend money here :-/"

-Mike W

Fri Feb 26, 2010 9:31 am
Profile YIM

531.5whp 414.8tq @ 29psi, FP3575 on Q16

Fri Feb 26, 2010 11:33 am
Talon of Doom

Mitsu MLS, ARPs @ 85ft lbs, 30PSI of boost.

Do you need your car tooned? Got some extra cash? PM me for details. I offer street and dyno tunes

Fri Feb 26, 2010 11:37 am
Profile WWW

I thought only tty bolts stretch I didn't know arp's could stretch like that. I'm going to torque my head down some more.

Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:29 pm
DSM Regular

Sat Feb 27, 2010 2:23 am
Profile WWW
No More 2.3L

If you want to re-use them later without worries it is a good idea to measure them to insure that they are still good. It will give you peace of mind for the future uses of the head studs.

452 AWHP 446 lb ft of torque e85 FTW!!

"They are cool manly men now those DSM owners. Before it was just pasty white nerds, metro hair Asian kids and fruit pickers. They do real car club stuff and everything. Sometimes they even spend money here :-/"

-Mike W

Sat Feb 27, 2010 9:13 am
Profile YIM
DSM Regular

one thing i want to add is that the concept that boost pops head gaskets is wrong. it is the knock insued by the excess boost that creates the excessive cylinder prressures lifting the head. with that said im running arps with moly lube @95 lbs/ft torque

1991 tsi awd stock bottom end w/ 2g head, kiggly springs, HKS 272's, RC1200's, shep4, QM twin, fp manifold, full megan exhaust, hx35 in bep housing, ets 4" fmic, BJ'sSMIM, Tial bov, tial 41mm, v3 ecmlink SD, 30psi, E85, 99 problems and this Bitch is one

Sat Feb 27, 2010 1:34 pm
DSM Regular

ok its settled. 95lbs/ft is what im going to do. ummm now i have a question. should i stick to the composite head gasket or should i man up and pay up for the multi layer headgasket? what do u guys suggest?

Sat Feb 27, 2010 9:11 pm
Profile WWW

what setup are you goin with on your car? depends on how hard you'll be pushing it maybe?

Sat Feb 27, 2010 9:18 pm
DSM Regular

Sat Feb 27, 2010 11:39 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next