[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
ladsm.com - View topic - alternator voltage...
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:39 am

Reply to topic  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
alternator voltage... 

Post alternator voltage...
how much voltage do your guys' alternators put out? while at idle, cruising, and wot?

and what's it supposed to be at?

Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:25 am
Goderator

Post Re: alternator voltage...
Should be around 13.5 in normal conditions.

Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:56 am
No More 2.3L

Mine jumps around from 13.0 to a little over 14

452 AWHP 446 lb ft of torque e85 FTW!!

"They are cool manly men now those DSM owners. Before it was just pasty white nerds, metro hair Asian kids and fruit pickers. They do real car club stuff and everything. Sometimes they even spend money here :-/"

-Mike W

Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:24 am
Profile YIM
Death to Head Gaskets!

saturn alternator = 14+ no matter what

Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:29 am

this one that wes gave me starts at about 14.5-14.7v at first start up in the morning, then as the day goes by, hovers between 13.8-14.4v

all the other ones that i've had before hover around 13.5-14v

i know Gus' alternator is like 12.7 or so, but it works just fine for him.

Jerry told me that if it goes to 16+v then there would be a problem.

i thought that 14v was normal, and past that was a lil dangerous, but i guess not.

Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:34 pm
Death to Head Gaskets!

i always thought 14-15v was safe but anything higher could be trouble

also just a side note, since i did the swap to a satun/GM alt i have noticed better idle and cruise and im guessing this is due to higher voltage @ the injectors and of course the ignition system strength.

and i get 14+v with headlights+fogs+fans+heater

Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:06 pm

Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:08 pm
Death to Head Gaskets!

i followed one on the link boards, i just PDF'ed it is there a way i can upload it as an attachment? or i can email it to you

Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:15 pm

Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:17 pm
Death to Head Gaskets!

http://www.dsmlink.com/forums/showthrea ... rn+install

only those with dsmlink will be able to view it

Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:29 pm
Goderator

Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:37 pm
Death to Head Gaskets!

actually yes and they dont dim when the fans kick on either...

its defeantly worth the swap i can get 120amp units with a self exicting regulator for $140 and i really recomend the self exicting regulator it makes the install twice as easy since the only wire you have to hook up is the main power wire

Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:41 pm

i want to check it out again tonight at the meet. maybe you can explain to me all that was needed to install it. if this alternator dies on me again, i'm going saturn.

Wed Feb 03, 2010 6:59 pm
Death to Head Gaskets!

for sure

Wed Feb 03, 2010 8:40 pm
Death to Head Gaskets!

http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/article ... -swap.html

here is the info on the swap. mine is whats called a "one wire alternator" because it has a self exicting regulator so that gets rid of any wiring involved all you have to do is hook up the power wire like it was stock

Mon Feb 08, 2010 4:17 pm
Reply to topic   [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next