[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
ladsm.com - View topic - Where can i get some porting done?
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:50 pm

Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Where can i get some porting done? 

Post Where can i get some porting done?
i have a 16g hotside that will have it's flapper removed and be coupled with an external wastegate from the o2 housing.

i need to get the hotside's wastegate port, ported out to allow better exhaust flow.

can anyone on here port this out for me? or know of someone? or know of a shop they'd recommend to get this done?

thanks in advance.

Sun Jan 03, 2010 9:00 am
Quagmire

Post Re: Where can i get some porting done?
you dont need to port it

Sun Jan 03, 2010 2:36 pm

yes i do, there's a reason why i made this post. i took the flapper out completely, and sealed the hole as best as i could for the time being. i now have this external wastegate off the o2 housing. boost holds fine up until 5000rpm where it creeps upwards of 24psi. i didn't take a picture of it, but the hole that the old internally gated wastegate flapper covered, was only about 1-1.5" big IF that. So since i already have the external wastegate, and the problem's still there, it's the size of the wastegate port on the hotside needs to be enlarged so once the external opens up, the restriction of flow isn't there.

Sun Jan 03, 2010 9:24 pm
Quagmire

what kind of wastegate is that? is it rerouted back in or out? Why did you cover the wastegate hole?

Sun Jan 03, 2010 11:46 pm
Talon of Doom

Looks like a Tial 40mm. Vented to atmosphere. What hole? On top? Looks like the barb is just there, no hose, no cap. 8)

Do you need your car tooned? Got some extra cash? PM me for details. I offer street and dyno tunes

Sun Jan 03, 2010 11:50 pm
Profile WWW
Quagmire

damn u sam u beat me to it. Where's the boost controller hose connect at?

Sun Jan 03, 2010 11:58 pm

it is a tial like sam guessed, dumped to the atmosphere. the vac line connects to another barb on the underside of the wastegate. if you can see the wires of the o2 sensor, the vac line is just to the right of it.

kinda like how this one is hooked up, but that barb is on the underside of mine.

Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:12 am
Talon of Doom

Well, the porting you need isnt like crucial porting, its just hogging out the hole bigger. Die grinder and some stones should do you fine. I cant get my housing to hold more than 26psi past 5K. It drops to 22psi by redline and thats a slightly larger than stock hole. Also you got to take into consideration that my motor has a pretty high VE, and can actually consume the air, could be why my boost is dropping.

Do you need your car tooned? Got some extra cash? PM me for details. I offer street and dyno tunes

Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:52 am
Profile WWW

from the nickel sized hole that was there before...

to the enlarged hole it has now...

that thing got raped.

Wed Jan 06, 2010 5:37 pm
Talon of Doom

On the inlet side, you want to cut a channel down towards the gate hole so the gases dont have to make such a crazy 90* turn

Wed Jan 06, 2010 5:51 pm
Profile WWW
Squish Face

Already done Mr Sam.

Wed Jan 06, 2010 5:54 pm
Profile WWW

Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:41 am
Squish Face

FYI the ebay hotsides are made of some other stuff not cast iron. IMO it looks like some kind of steel alloy because of how much easier it was to grind material compared to a cast iron piece.

Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:50 am
Profile WWW

Should of just went external to scare civilians!!!

BTW, why is this under tuning/engine management

Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:34 am
Squish Face

He did go external pollo look at the pic. And shit i haven't even noticed it was in the wrong section, so ill move it.

Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:38 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next