[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
ladsm.com - View topic - Wes's 2.3l 6-bolt build
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:58 am

Reply to topic  [ 166 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 12  Next
Wes's 2.3l 6-bolt build 
DSM Post Whore

Post Re: Wes's 2.3l 6-bolt build
I bet all those little troubles will be worth it once you find out the full potential of the beast you made.

Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:09 pm
No More 2.3L

I have about 300 miles on the engine now. And as for this turbo being laggy I don't buy it. I was at part throttle today on the freeway just below 3000 RPM and I gave it a little more gas to pass somebody and I built about 13 psi before 3100 RPM with only a little past half throttle. I have some high hopes for this turbo, as long as the top end is there to keep the boost up to 7000 RPM I will be stoked.

452 AWHP 446 lb ft of torque e85 FTW!!

"They are cool manly men now those DSM owners. Before it was just pasty white nerds, metro hair Asian kids and fruit pickers. They do real car club stuff and everything. Sometimes they even spend money here :-/"

-Mike W

Sun Jan 24, 2010 3:34 am
Profile YIM
Talon of Doom

I'm pretty sure the 5031E is a pretty responsive turbo. I've done 398.6 awhp out of one on 110 Octane. On 91 only though, it barely cut over 300 (why I wasn't impressed). It's just there are so many "50 trims" out there, no one really knows what they are talking about. They should really get rid of the "50 trim" name. Because really, trim is the ratio between the compressor inducer and exducer. There are probably a million turbos with a "50 trim" ratio. A 5031E is a 5031E and then there is BB and Non BB.

On a cool note, the HTA68 Made 330awhp and 340ft lbs/tq on 91 Octane. I logged 41lbs/min out of it (matches my airflow of my car, made same power too) The turbo still has 7~8lbs/min more flow in it according to FP. I just hit the octane limit. But If I can get that last 7~8 lbs, probably will do 380~400 AWHP in a package that looks like a 16G, and peak tq hits at 3500RPM. Its truly the E316G successor.

Do you need your car tooned? Got some extra cash? PM me for details. I offer street and dyno tunes

Sun Jan 24, 2010 12:37 pm
Profile WWW
No More 2.3L

Cruised up Azusa Canyon tonight, just up to the bridge over the off-road area. Mainly so I could do a drive that varied load and RPM as much as possible, also lots of good engine breaking. Had a good mellow drive with only one ricer run in. The only thing that bothers me is the much louder drive line noise while coasting at high RPM. I guess that it is to be expected with the un-sprung twin disk and the 75A solid mounts but it still sounds weird at times.

"They are cool manly men now those DSM owners. Before it was just pasty white nerds, metro hair Asian kids and fruit pickers. They do real car club stuff and everything. Sometimes they even spend money here :-/"

-Mike W

Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:38 am
Profile YIM

Yeah, it will never sound the same as the orignal motor, and i think others here that have done swaps would agree. Theres always some type of weird different little noises.

Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:42 am
The Don!

Fri Jan 29, 2010 8:06 pm

yeah that one, No-20a turbo.

wes. is talking about other litle shit that just bugs you even though the car is still running right. like ticks here and there drive train noises things like that. nothing major just those little things sometimes bug the hell out of you.

Fri Jan 29, 2010 9:00 pm
No More 2.3L

I finally made sure that the black top CAS was set to not shift my base timing today, I put in 5 quarts of synthetic oil, hooked up my boost controller, hid that stupid red filter, and re-did my valve cover gasket to hopefully stop a leak I had there.

I still need to really tune the car but damn it was fun on the way home. Even un-tuned and at like 16-17 PSI the butt dyno tells me that my car is kicking way more ass.

-Mike W

Sat Jan 30, 2010 12:11 am
Profile YIM
DSM Regular

Thats nothing!! I use to have my pte at about 17-18 lbs and that was ok on the 2.0. But once I bumped it up beyond 20 lbs, Night and day.

Sat Jan 30, 2010 3:37 am
No More 2.3L

I'm sure it will kick ass at higher boost. It is just impressive feeling now and I'm sure the extra displacement and non-stock cams have a lot do do with that too. Stay tuned for dyno numbers as soon as I have some money laying around to get it done so I will be ready to give it a go on the 28th.

-Mike W

Sat Jan 30, 2010 10:11 am
Profile YIM

you should talk to sam wes, lets get another dyno day going.... :partyman:

Sat Jan 30, 2010 12:52 pm
Profile WWW
Quagmire

yes let's...

Sat Jan 30, 2010 7:52 pm
Talon of Doom

Wes's car is running. Jerry is running. My bird is back in town. I just gotta get my Madd Tyte JAYDEM Sick turbo set up done.

Do you need your car tooned? Got some extra cash? PM me for details. I offer street and dyno tunes

Sun Jan 31, 2010 2:09 am
Profile WWW

Alright sam just put the date out there ...I have some cars that I worked on that we want to see some numbers....plus just tuned my car with the hx set up.... so let's get this ball rolling

Sun Jan 31, 2010 2:48 am
Profile WWW
DSM Regular

For sure!!! :lol: Just got the car tuned as well. Thanks Beau!! Car feels really good right now. Want to see what this thing is putting out.

Sun Jan 31, 2010 10:17 am
Reply to topic   [ 166 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 12  Next