[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
ladsm.com - View topic - Wes's 2.3l 6-bolt build
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:29 pm

Reply to topic  [ 166 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next
Wes's 2.3l 6-bolt build 
Quagmire

Post Re: Wes's 2.3l 6-bolt build

Mon Dec 21, 2009 12:03 pm
No More 2.3L

It is impossible to pull an engine without doing the Clint pose in the engine bay. I will be a lot happier when that hole is filled back in though.

452 AWHP 446 lb ft of torque e85 FTW!!

"They are cool manly men now those DSM owners. Before it was just pasty white nerds, metro hair Asian kids and fruit pickers. They do real car club stuff and everything. Sometimes they even spend money here :-/"

-Mike W

Mon Dec 21, 2009 4:27 pm
Profile YIM
Talon of Doom

twas fun. Still made it in time for the BBQ to stuff my face till I got sick of eating.

Do you need your car tooned? Got some extra cash? PM me for details. I offer street and dyno tunes

Mon Dec 21, 2009 5:59 pm
Profile WWW
No More 2.3L

Without you Sam I would probably still be swearing at my axles and A/C compressor. You are a champion and I will have to treat you to some beer of your choice to celebrate the completion of the project.

"They are cool manly men now those DSM owners. Before it was just pasty white nerds, metro hair Asian kids and fruit pickers. They do real car club stuff and everything. Sometimes they even spend money here :-/"

-Mike W

Mon Dec 21, 2009 6:25 pm
Profile YIM
Talon of Doom

really cold newcastles is always a winner.

Do you need your car tooned? Got some extra cash? PM me for details. I offer street and dyno tunes

Mon Dec 21, 2009 7:21 pm
Profile WWW
Quagmire

Did I hear somebody say Newcastles???

Tue Dec 22, 2009 10:50 pm
No More 2.3L

Had a productive day today, took the old engine and trans apart. Kept all the parts I need for the 6-bolt and then took the trans to Road Race for differential installs and I dropped off the block and head so Mr. Garcia can give it life again in someone elses car.

I didn't get as much done on the new engine as I wanted too but I did get the rear main seal in and put the crank shaft key form the 7-bolt on so I could install the timing belt drive gear.

I also managed to break a 14mm impact socket today trying to get stubborn turbo bolts out.

-Mike W

Wed Dec 23, 2009 1:21 am
Profile YIM
No More 2.3L

Here are some pics from right before I put the head on.

Here is a shot if the engine bay just how the engine came out. A after cleaning pic will follow sometime soon.

And this picture just makes me happy.

-Mike W

Mon Dec 28, 2009 1:21 am
Profile YIM
helmet polisher

good shit Mr. Wes, looking good.

Mon Dec 28, 2009 1:28 am

Very nice man! Is that a can of PB Blaster on the counter next to that beautifully clean turbo? That shit works awesome!

10.67@126mph

Mon Dec 28, 2009 4:25 pm
Profile YIM

Thats some shit right there. Are using a 6 or 7bolt head?

Mon Dec 28, 2009 5:02 pm
No More 2.3L

That is PB Blaster and it is the best for making stuck shit less stuck.

And I am using a 7-bolt head with 1mm over sized valves, light porting on the intake ports and the exhaust ports just cleaned up a bit.

-Mike W

Tue Dec 29, 2009 1:29 am
Profile YIM

Amazed. Good luck with he build wes.

BROKEN Project Car- 1991 Eclipse GSX-in the works of fixing. Never going to run
New Daily Driver- Trailblazer baby!

Tue Dec 29, 2009 4:04 am
No More 2.3L

Had a productive day today. It almost looks like I have an engine ready to drop in.

Here is the timing belt almost done tensioning. Notice the pin is still in the tensioner.

I got down with my Dremel tool on my lower timing cover. I meant to get a pic before I put on the water pump pulley but there is seriously a lot of material to remove around the water pump.

Here is a shot of the FP cam goodness. Still missing two rockers that I am picking up tomorrow.

I can't wait to tell tech inspectors that this is a stock turbo.

It is a little more stealthy under the heat shields.

-Mike W

Wed Dec 30, 2009 1:39 am
Profile YIM
Official Photographer

damn Wes that is looking sexy!

Wed Dec 30, 2009 1:46 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 166 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next