[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
ladsm.com - View topic - Wes's 2.3l 6-bolt build
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Apr 15, 2024 9:19 pm

Reply to topic  [ 166 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
Wes's 2.3l 6-bolt build 

Post Re: Wes's 2.3l 6-bolt build

10.67@126mph

Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:21 am
Profile YIM

Wed Mar 03, 2010 2:09 pm
Profile WWW

I don't see how that makes sense. Oil pressure will rise with RPM so even then the head would have a decent amount of flow. Maybe it has something to do with the shaft speed because that will also rise with RPM to maintain a constant PSI to your pipes. Or possibly just because you are on a stroker and it will spool faster then oil pressure can raise? Either way, where can you find that restrictor? Is that the one everyone is selling for the Holsets?

Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:21 pm
Profile WWW
No More 2.3L

I picked up a restrictor at G&J Aircraft in Ontario, Ca.

I think the head isn't good because it is regulated at 35psi and can't go past that and when you are really pushing a turbo it needs more than 35psi.

452 AWHP 446 lb ft of torque e85 FTW!!

"They are cool manly men now those DSM owners. Before it was just pasty white nerds, metro hair Asian kids and fruit pickers. They do real car club stuff and everything. Sometimes they even spend money here :-/"

-Mike W

Wed Mar 03, 2010 4:35 pm
Profile YIM
No More 2.3L

I just got my turbo back and a box of broken parts. I will post pictures soon and probably bring the dead stuff to a meet. The turbo origionaly was a weird mix of Garret and non Garret parts. It had a Garret compressor wheel but the turbine wheel and shaft were copies of Garret pieces. It did have a 360* thrust plate but it was steel instead of bronze and at high RPM's steel on bronze is better than steel on steel contact. Also the thrust plate was screwed down so it can't move at all if there is a backfire or compressor surge, the new one is held in place with a spring so it can move a bit if it has to.

My turbo now is entirely Garret internals with a bronze thrust plate.

"They are cool manly men now those DSM owners. Before it was just pasty white nerds, metro hair Asian kids and fruit pickers. They do real car club stuff and everything. Sometimes they even spend money here :-/"

-Mike W

Wed Mar 03, 2010 8:13 pm
Profile YIM
Talon of Doom

who did you get that turbo from??

Do you need your car tooned? Got some extra cash? PM me for details. I offer street and dyno tunes

Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:06 pm
Profile WWW

Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:05 pm
Profile WWW

Thu Mar 04, 2010 12:23 am
Profile WWW
No More 2.3L

Nick is right it is a PTE that I got from Slow Boy.

I need some help re-tuning the car Sam, the turbo is boosting a lot higher now. I thought I was being cautious and I turned the profec down from 90% to 75% and the first time I got on the throttle in third it spooled right up to 31psi. I have it turned down to about 25psi now but I am still getting some knock here and there.

-Mike W

Thu Mar 04, 2010 12:41 am
Profile YIM
No More 2.3L

My car is not smoking for the time being. I am having some weird electrical issues right now. My entire electrical system resets itself while I am driving. I need to check all my grounds and the main positive wire to the fuse box.

-Mike W

Thu Mar 04, 2010 1:33 pm
Profile YIM
Talon of Doom

down to do a quickie street tune just to get it back to how it was before the dead turbo. Dyno day we'll see what it can really do with moar boost.

Do you need your car tooned? Got some extra cash? PM me for details. I offer street and dyno tunes

Thu Mar 04, 2010 1:50 pm
Profile WWW
No More 2.3L

Awesome, maybe Monday night if that works for you.

Other than little issues and the tune not matching this turbo exactly I'm happy to have my car back and running without a cloud of death behind me.

-Mike W

Thu Mar 04, 2010 1:56 pm
Profile YIM

Thu Mar 04, 2010 2:01 pm
No More 2.3L

Yeah, it was already dying when we were tuning it. I don't know how much better it will be now but I anticipate it will be able to make higher numbers.

-Mike W

Thu Mar 04, 2010 2:20 pm
Profile YIM

Thu Mar 04, 2010 2:36 pm
Reply to topic   [ 166 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next