[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
ladsm.com - View topic - Wes's 2.3l 6-bolt build
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:42 pm

Reply to topic  [ 166 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
Wes's 2.3l 6-bolt build 
DSM Regular

Post Re: Wes's 2.3l 6-bolt build
For sure!!! :lol: Just got the car tuned as well. Thanks Beau!! Car feels really good right now. Want to see what this thing is putting out.

Sun Jan 31, 2010 10:18 am
Squish Face

Let me finish a few things up before setting up the next date sam 8)

Sun Jan 31, 2010 1:18 pm
Profile WWW
DSM Regular

You turn the boost up yet wes??

Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:36 pm
No More 2.3L

Just a little, I still need to iron out my fuel settings. Also I spent all day today trying to stop a power steering leak unsuccessfully.

452 AWHP 446 lb ft of torque e85 FTW!!

"They are cool manly men now those DSM owners. Before it was just pasty white nerds, metro hair Asian kids and fruit pickers. They do real car club stuff and everything. Sometimes they even spend money here :-/"

-Mike W

Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:35 pm
Profile YIM
DSM Regular

Just got my tuned on e85 at about 24lbs of boost last weekend on the 2.0 and man the car is feeling pretty good. Couldn't get it to hold anything past 24lbs on the internal gate. Got my 70-90 times to about 2.4 sec flowing about 44lbs at 7k with boost tapered down to 20lbs. Can't wait to see what yours is going to do. In the process of building my stroker too with the help of Chris of course.

Wed Feb 03, 2010 8:32 am
No More 2.3L

Found the power steering leak today. It was a super small hole in the hard line at the flare flange. Getting a new line made tomorrow should take care of it. If it doesn't I might hit the car with a BFH.

"They are cool manly men now those DSM owners. Before it was just pasty white nerds, metro hair Asian kids and fruit pickers. They do real car club stuff and everything. Sometimes they even spend money here :-/"

-Mike W

Thu Feb 04, 2010 2:53 am
Profile YIM

Now don't forget to properly bleed your power steering pump per Clint's instructions :mrgreen:

Just joking Clint! =p

10.67@126mph

Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:20 am
Profile YIM
No More 2.3L

Well it is still leaking but it is a little better, the guy at A-1 wasn't 100% that the solder near the flare would hold and it didn't. At least he tried and didn't charge me. I ordered a new hard line from JNZ $17 so not to bad.

In the mean time I was super ghetto and I zip tied a rag to my sub-frame under the line. I pretty much gave my car a diaper and said fuck it until parts arrive :).

-Mike W

Fri Feb 05, 2010 2:44 pm
Profile YIM

10.67@126mph

Fri Feb 05, 2010 3:11 pm
Profile YIM
Site Admin

I think I will try this too! Its like an extra oil filter..

Fri Feb 05, 2010 11:51 pm
Luvz teh Beer!!

If that dosent work you can try this http://jalopnik.com/5239651/how-to-chan ... eps-tampon :lol:

I'm assuming you all have guns and crack!

Sat Feb 06, 2010 2:13 am
No More 2.3L

The car is all about loving the e85. On 91 we couldn't push it past 18psi before the engine got knock happy. So for 91 we stopped at something around 288 AWHP and 326 lb-ft of torque.

The e85 nos sauce though was amazing, 442 AWHP, 425 lb-ft of torque at 27psi flowing 44-45 lb/min out of the turbo.

The car feels damn fast on the freeway now that is for sure.

-Mike W

Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:12 am
Profile YIM
Official Photographer

thats awesome, Congrats Wes

Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:27 am
Profile WWW
DSM Regular

Great to hear that you are hitting numbers like that on the pte 5031 on e85. I have the same setup via a 2.0 flowing about 44lbs/min around 20lbs though. Wastegate wasn't holding boost for some reason later to find out that one of the bolts holding the FIAV had backed out and was causing the problem. Laptop took a crap on me so can't re-tune it. I am really curious what my set up can put out on a 2.0 seeing your numbers now. Also, that turbo really does wake up after 20 lbs of boost. Couldn't imagine what the torque is like on the 2.3 stroker.

Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:59 am

Congrats Wes!!.....you are heading out to the track this Sunday, right?? :D

531.5whp 414.8tq @ 29psi, FP3575 on Q16

Tue Feb 23, 2010 8:31 am
Reply to topic   [ 166 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next