[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
ladsm.com - View topic - Wes's 2.3l 6-bolt build
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:20 pm

Reply to topic  [ 166 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
Wes's 2.3l 6-bolt build 
No More 2.3L

Post Re: Wes's 2.3l 6-bolt build
I'm all about the track this Sunday. Hopefully I can get the car to launch and can put down some good passes.

By the way in case anybody didn't know it Sam is the god damned man. He made some magic happen with that tune.

452 AWHP 446 lb ft of torque e85 FTW!!

"They are cool manly men now those DSM owners. Before it was just pasty white nerds, metro hair Asian kids and fruit pickers. They do real car club stuff and everything. Sometimes they even spend money here :-/"

-Mike W

Tue Feb 23, 2010 12:42 pm
Profile YIM
Talon of Doom

Thank you for the kind words Mr. Wes

Do you need your car tooned? Got some extra cash? PM me for details. I offer street and dyno tunes

Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:58 pm
Profile WWW

Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:06 pm
Profile WWW
No More 2.3L

I will post pics of the dyno graphs when I get them from Sam. On e85 we are up to 14*

"They are cool manly men now those DSM owners. Before it was just pasty white nerds, metro hair Asian kids and fruit pickers. They do real car club stuff and everything. Sometimes they even spend money here :-/"

-Mike W

Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:25 pm
Profile YIM
Talon of Doom

Ask and you shall receive. I was going to call it quits at 399.998hp on the PTE5031 LOL just so I can keep talking smack on 50trims.

HP and TQ numbers
Red Dotted being the first run on e85, right after calling it quits on 91. Solid Turquoise is Final run.

Boost Curve

Overlay of final run with HP/TQ overlayed over each other

Do you need your car tooned? Got some extra cash? PM me for details. I offer street and dyno tunes

Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:33 pm
Profile WWW
Quagmire

sooo perdy

Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:56 pm
No More 2.3L

Thanks Jerry. I know you will be right there ready to punk my numbers as soon as you get your valve train sorted out.

-Mike W

Wed Feb 24, 2010 1:03 am
Profile YIM
DSM Regular

Hey Wes, you ever have a problem with cold starts on E85??

Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:34 am
No More 2.3L

Yeah, with the e85 in on a morning start up the car likes to crank for about 5-10 seconds before anything happens and it really struggles to idle until it is warm.

I'm just dealing with it as it seems a small price to pay for so much extra power.

-Mike W

Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:44 am
Profile YIM
Talon of Doom

You can play with the coolant temp fuel adjustment table in DA, it might help with cold starts.

Thu Feb 25, 2010 12:00 pm
Profile WWW
DSM Regular

O ok I wasn't to sure if it was just my throttle body or not because I have the bbk with no ISC so its even worse.

Thu Feb 25, 2010 12:57 pm
No More 2.3L

So I put a restrictor in the oil feed line today and I only was able to really get on the throttle once on the way to school and I still made a pretty nice cloud of smoke when I did it. From the one drive it seems that the oil consumption is better but only time and some distance will tell if it got better. My exhaust scavenging parts are on order and I am waiting for and e-mail about my catch can so I can set up some better crank case evacuation.

-Mike W

Thu Feb 25, 2010 2:33 pm
Profile YIM
No More 2.3L

Got my Jegs exhaust scavenging kit today and my balling catch can () got ordered today. I just need to modify my extra valve cover to run a -10 barb fitting without removing the baffle and I will be able to see if that will really help lower my crank case pressure at WOT.

I just hope the catch can does enough to keep a large amount of oil out of my exhaust.

-Mike W

Fri Feb 26, 2010 10:20 pm
Profile YIM
No More 2.3L

The PTE-5031E is coming off the car tomorrow as oil is blowing through it under full boost like nobody's business. The turbo still makes boost it just smokes a whole lot under full boost now.

-Mike W

Sat Feb 27, 2010 10:39 pm
Profile YIM
Quagmire

:cough:hx35:cough:

Sat Feb 27, 2010 10:46 pm
Reply to topic   [ 166 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next