[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
ladsm.com - View topic - what do i do with this car?
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:48 am

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
what do i do with this car? 
DSM Regular

Post what do i do with this car?
id like to get rid of this 95 GST in my car. no front seats. core support is broken. no suspension. motor is sold. transmission is out of the car (and for sale). i need it out of my garage so i can get a new car. one thing, i dont have the title to the car and id rather not hasssle with the DMV and just give the car away. you guys can have it for parts. just come get this shit out of my garage -___- does anyone know how i can get rid of a car with no title??

Sat Oct 24, 2009 8:00 pm
Profile WWW
DSM Regular

Post Re: what do i do with this car?
junk it? i think as long as u have some kind of registration that it says its yours that will do.

Sat Oct 24, 2009 8:25 pm
DSM Regular

anyway? anyone? that can get rid of this car without any paperwork? any ideas?

Sat Oct 24, 2009 8:31 pm
Profile WWW
DSM Regular

call one of those 8 trillion listings on craigslist that says junk metal is removed for free, they will come get it and haul it to whatever junkyard that they know will accept it without any paperwork, problem solved

2004 6.0 excursion, 8in lift, 38's, edge platinum juice with attitude, (425hp, 870ftlbs torque)

Sat Oct 24, 2009 8:57 pm
Profile YIM
Post Master

+1 ^

i see those adds on craigs alllll the time. do that then tell me what you get out of it. i have a car i need to ditch too

Sun Oct 25, 2009 3:36 pm
Profile WWW
DSM Regular

The only way to junk the body without paperwork is to cut it up. If you cut it up into about 6 pieces they will take it.

Sun Oct 25, 2009 6:25 pm
DSM Regular

no kidding, i did not know that. i had a mustang that i parted out once and people came by all the time asking what i was gonna do with it when i was done parting it cause they wanted it for scrap metal but maybe they were planning on cutting it up themselves, i dunno.

guess its time to go invest in some new sawzaw blades

2004 6.0 excursion, 8in lift, 38's, edge platinum juice with attitude, (425hp, 870ftlbs torque)

Sun Oct 25, 2009 10:03 pm
Profile YIM
DSM Regular

When you do cut it up make sure to remove any fluids remaining. (brakes etc etc). And make sure to remove the gas tank. The last car i parted out and was ready to scrap. I posted on craigslist free scrap metal. Just since i didnt have time to cut it up. I assumed they would show up with a trailer and a winch. But no they ended up cutting it up in my garage. And if I would have known that, well i'd just assume do it myself next time. Some recycling yards are different than others about how picky they are. Some dont care about interior being left and misc things. Others only want the body and they want everything else removed. So whichever yard you plan on taking it to call them first and find out what they require. Hope the info helps!

Mon Oct 26, 2009 3:11 am
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]