[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
ladsm.com - View topic - FIXING LADSM
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:43 pm

Reply to topic  [ 68 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
FIXING LADSM 

Post FIXING LADSM
our senior members of the forum, including myself, have noticed many changes in the forum as a whole.

this site has been going downhill and LADSM is becoming just a pathetic group of shit talkers that dont even show up to our weekly meets nor contribute helpful information and help each other out when needed.

this has to stop. lets try to take LADSM a little bit more seriously.

if you're a member that truly cares about the integrity of the forum, and wants to be part of a respectable group of people that share the love for DSM's post your suggestions here on what WE can do to help this forum/'car club' become something that we can proud of being a part of.

WE are Los Angeles Diamond Star Motors

one of the big goals would be to see LADSM show strong numbers at our weekly meets, and from that expand to bigger gatherings like beach bbq's, appearences at different car events, caravans, photoshoots, etc.

dont post anything or agree to anything that you yourself wouldn't be willing to do in order to help this forum pick itself up.

one of the MAJOR (in my opinion) problems we've had lately is the shit-talking. i vote for keeping the shit talking out of the forum. anyone can act tough behind the keyboard. if you have a problem with someone, deal it with them in a private matter. after all, we have "PRIVATE MESSAGING" available, if that doesn't work, there's other ways to communicate (i.e. AIM, MSN, Yahoo, cell phone, face to face, etc.)

i know there's alot of problems, common guys, share your input.

Tue May 05, 2009 10:51 pm
BANNED 4 LIFE!

Post Re: FIXING LADSM
Yea i know that, LADSM is capable of being real big.And it would be nice to see that.I dont think any of us should be shit talking, even if we just fucking around,We can keep that at the meets were we can see thats its all shits & giggles.But to have all this shit talking on the forum makes us all look bad.Like we all in a forum/club car and not get along.So i strongly agree with Erix to make this what it can be and make DSM well known in So-Cal and No-Cal....

Tue May 05, 2009 10:57 pm
Profile WWW
Official Photographer

we cant ban the shit talking 100% but some members carry it on and on with bad taste and I saw we set up a caravan cruise but once my car is up =D

Tue May 05, 2009 11:03 pm
Profile WWW
Goderator

Most of us at one time or another break these rules more often than not. They're usually quick, witty and taken in good intentions. Other times, they're unfunny, pointless attacks with no merit. There's no clear line drawn between what is clearly acceptable and shit you should not post. Take this as a blurry boundary to help familiarize what's going to start being enforced.

I'm too lazy and too lenient with you guys. So are the other admins and mods. Probably not gonna change realistically either for the long run. That doesn't mean you're free and clear to skate by with dumb crap.

Tech and classifieds, 0 bullshit rule in effect. Keep your funnies to yourself. Keep your opinions to yourself. If it doesn't help someone's car run or help someone buy/sell something they need to, don't. Expect warnings and bans depending on the retardness of your action. Every other thread not including the off-topics, it's nice to have amusing comments that naturally occur. Don't go out of your way and make fun of people and don't derail threads. If we feel you're acting like a jerk trying to be funny but making things pathetic, we'll find you. If you're asked to chill out and take it somewhere else, listen.

And for the rest of you that aren't jokers, there's a report button on the bottom right of each post. When you press it and submit it, and admin sees it and can take care of it. If you fuck around with it though, you will be punished.

Help us keep the boards fun, informative and welcoming. I don't want everyone acting like pruds but don't be jackasses either.

Tue May 05, 2009 11:09 pm
Squish Face

Im sure all the admins and mods agree with what erix and christ have posted up. I agree that we have been way too lenient but that will change soon. And im all up for having another bbq/bonfire/caraven like last year.

Wed May 06, 2009 12:29 pm
Profile WWW

I like christ's input. Fun and games are great in the off-topic sections, but keep it out of the tech section. While the amount of shit talking is a problem, the derailed threads is a bigger problem.

Wed May 06, 2009 1:25 pm
Profile WWW
Quagmire

I have taken some action in this matter, and will continue to. I'm getting tired of the problems we are having. I dont care if our numbers dwindle, I perfer QUALITY over quantity. I would rather have 10 guys that are dedicated and go to meets, events, and contribute positively to the forum, than 400+ registered users and all they do is steal 5 minutes of my life with stupid threads.

1. If you're new and start talking out of your ass about how you pull low 12's, with no tune, on street tires, but have no timeslip, dont bother trying to post again....you wont be able to.

2. As admins and mods, lets not override one another's decisions. If there is an issue that you feel is unjust, ie: an admin banned someone you don't think should of been banned, bring it up with all the admins and talk about wether or not we should change the ruling.

3.Use COMMON SENSE!!!! Don't expect us to "back your play" when you go to another forum/myspace/car meet/etc...and start claiming how everyone else sucks and LADSM is super chingon. We are not a gang!!!! We are a group of guys/gals/other that have a passion for DSM's.

4.If you don't like what I'm saying, go start your own club/crew/forum/gang/etc..... No one is making you stay here.

Admins if you have any input feel free to chime in.

Wed May 06, 2009 3:57 pm
No More 2.3L

^+1

I agree 100%

452 AWHP 446 lb ft of torque e85 FTW!!

"They are cool manly men now those DSM owners. Before it was just pasty white nerds, metro hair Asian kids and fruit pickers. They do real car club stuff and everything. Sometimes they even spend money here :-/"

-Mike W

Wed May 06, 2009 8:45 pm
Profile YIM

I agree in all of this I am a noob here but now a regular I try my hardest to show up to the meets but I own a dsm so that figures. I do have a DD but my parents use it as well. If my car would be running I would show up every Monday and all the other meets. Oh yeah christ when I hit the members link you can see 400+ members and some never log in is there a way that you can ban the ones that haven't logged in in years. I think the tech rule of no funnies is uncool I mean let them say something funny but they need to say something tech at the end or help out. Another thing the admins mods can do is stop the stupid posting that don't contribute I keep seeing stupid post like like damn that suxs hope you get it running or damn I remember that happened to me there will be a total of 30 post and only one of those helps out. If the weekly meet doesn't end up like christ wants then you should limit the post of members that never show or keep them from selling parts. I found a video of ladsm back in 07 WOW total of 20+ cars just driving cruising stopping some were to get something to eat. Why does this not go down anymore.

Thu May 07, 2009 11:47 am
Goderator

Thu May 07, 2009 1:17 pm

I don't see why cleaning up users that don't visit frequently is required? It's not cluttering up the forum or taking space or resources. A small number of those users do visit the board from time to time but choose to browse instead of posting. If you have a logical reason why they should be deleted and what accounts meet the requirements, I'd like to hear it.

Tech is a place for technical advice and trouble shooting. Not pointless joking and screwing around. If I make a post about my wing falling off while driving on the freeway, funny comments would be acceptable as long as they're in good taste and on topic. If I make a post about wanting to mod my T-25 power motor and you lol at me for being T-too slow in a serious post while everyone else is giving serious technical answers, not acceptable.

0 content posts are pointless and contribute nothing but I personally don't care to moderate them. If another admin/mod wants to, that's their choice. +1'ing, good job or hope it works out for ya are simply people feeling you or agreeing with you. It's nice to know what you did is approved of or that people want to see you succeed. I'm not going to regulate it because the positive reinforcement outweighs the lack of fresh content.

My comment about attending meets in order to post was purely comedic. I'll never ban anyone for not attending a meet. I am however disappointed with our turnouts lately compared to previous meets and gatherings. It's irritating to see 20-40 regular posters on the forum each week yet have a 6 car turnout at the weekly meet. I know there's downed cars and that lame basketball team has been playing at the same time but I feel some of you that are able to make it but choose not to consistently are only hurting yourself. It was awesome to show up to a meet and have two lanes full of 1 and 2gs there with a diverse group of interesting people. I can't make any of you come or even care but I know I'm not the only one that enjoys them and doesn't want to see it fade away.[/quote]

Yeah I guess the only reason I said to erase them was I thought it takes up space or something but disregard that then I also thought it slowed down the forum but its cool. Yeah I know I guess I was kinda mad when i see that but its cool when people say good luck or something.Yeah I sometimes see people saying naw that turbo is to fucking slow or make fun of them. yeah i guess you are right tech question should be taken seriously. So any plans christ on making LADSM better or more functional. Yeah meets should be more packed and it would be cool. What we need is also a weekly cruise on the PCH lol. Get rid of all the stupid problems with the cars lol.

Thu May 07, 2009 2:00 pm
DSM Post Whore

again People should not make fun off other people on the site. Thats how people dont show up beacuse the get lught at and people rether dont go like me. When i join ladsm i was exited to join. After people talking about me and alway talking shit about me i dd not feel like doing any more i fealt like people where talking about me when i was there, so people should stop whit the insalts or to a minumum thanks.

Last edited by spider2g on Thu May 07, 2009 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu May 07, 2009 2:18 pm

Its not that they make fun of you but its your typing. Prof read what you type so you dont get laughed at luis. Also make sure what you say is correct like V4 that does not exist anymore. Its called Inline4 or I4. This forum everyone gets laughed at or made fun of every once in a while look at me and my avatar I love my little sister its a fun joke not to be taken seriously. But yeah I agree the admins mods are waaaaaay to lenient on members and post that happens. Also there needs to be grammar police lol. I hope this site does get fixed so when guest check us out they think cool these people are smart and helpful and funny. Or when guest see all the shit talking they go away like naw they just talk alot of shit.

Thu May 07, 2009 4:04 pm
Goderator

Thu May 07, 2009 4:40 pm
Luvz teh Beer!!

I'm assuming you all have guns and crack!

Thu May 07, 2009 6:00 pm
Reply to topic   [ 68 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next