[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
ladsm.com - View topic - LADSM and Facebook
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:50 am

Reply to topic  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
LADSM and Facebook 

Post LADSM and Facebook
People are saying leave the meet spot at 5am. Its all over IG and FB. The meets seem to be growing but havent heard anything from the OGs. I will be at the next meet finally got my car troubles under control for now lol.

Fri Jun 06, 2014 5:33 pm
frank the tank

Post Re: MOD '14 July 12, 2014
I hate mod lol

1/4mile 10.5 @ 136 mph personal best 3582R Las Vegas
1/4mile 10.41@ 137.9 mph Fontana personal best 3582R
5 Gears...4 wheel drive/steer...3 Diamonds...2 cams...1 Turbo...0 Reliability

Fri Jun 06, 2014 9:02 pm
Profile YIM

Apparently their is a 2nd ladsm fb page already set up with a much of non regular ladsm members coming to our spot....funny how those guys took our ladsm name and puck our meet time but nothing was said one the forum just until right now by synthetic.... the way ladsm.Com runs is thru this forum, not fb, IG or any social media pages. If other dsms want to come out of the group or from or form other areas that's fine. By we discuss out meets time and location and get voted on here....majority rules.
Also WE decide if we want others dsm clubs to come to our house (Monday meet spot) we decide on this forum if we want to combine caravans wit nland ie or sgvdsm. It seems all this is already "set up" the improper way and what makes me more up set is these dsm members are claiming ladsm....yet I have only seen then around for a couple months at OUR meets. For the record no LADSM official meets or caravan has been made offical. It is in the works. It is LADSM offical once it is voted by us on this forum not on social media and then will be put as a sticky by mod or admin

I have no problem with other dsms at our meets, I don't care what crew they claim as long as it is in good fun. What i care a out is our name. Everyone seems to be using that name as is comes close to MOD....is it because LADSM has a reverse spot at mod?? Hmmm...could have sworn last year sgvdsm wait for ladsm to go in first. I got no personal issue with anyone reading this. But using our ladsm on social media needs to stop. What's that point of having 25 guys show up at meet but I only see 12 regular members post on the board...somethinges isn't right about that.

Fri Jun 06, 2014 10:53 pm

Fri Jun 06, 2014 11:15 pm
Profile YIM
Luvz teh Beer!!

I'm assuming you all have guns and crack!

Fri Jun 06, 2014 11:30 pm

I agree I should of ran it with you guys 1st about mod. I asked other OG members to keep the name or change it. Majority said keep it. Keep in mind a did post about the other fb page here before I began promoting. Trust if its going to cause all this drama ill delete the fb group and cancell the caravan.

Sat Jun 07, 2014 12:22 am
Profile YIM
Luvz teh Beer!!

Social Media should be used to promote this site and encourage new members to join but not to replace the site. No one has any control over what Facebook does and they are not going to be around or as relevant forever, are people just going to keep making new pages on whatever the popular social media site at the time is and start over?. At one time there was an LADSM Myspace page where is that today? :roll: What will happen to the discussions and stuff posted on Facebook? its not going to be here to look back at like the almost 10 year history of this site, goldmine threads etc... Some of the other groups even tried to start there own real forums and even asked members on here to help run them, where are those sites now?

Sat Jun 07, 2014 12:28 am

Sat Jun 07, 2014 12:30 am
Profile YIM
Luvz teh Beer!!

The forum was only down for a short time for some routine maintenance and upgrades. Next time I will try to make an announcement 1st but some changes by the webhost that were beyond our control made It necessary to take the site off line sooner than expected. We usually start the MOD Caravan thread about 30 days before MOD which would be next weekend.

Sat Jun 07, 2014 12:39 am

ok Ill just cancel the caravan since it was never a official ladsm event. I wont make the same mistake again.

Sat Jun 07, 2014 12:41 am
Profile YIM
Luvz teh Beer!!

Just make a post to tell people to come here for caravan info, that's how I post it on dsmtuners. Then it encourages people to come here for info instead of having it all over the place.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Sat Jun 07, 2014 12:47 am

Another thing to add is that if people will be attending the Ladsm meets they should be a member here, registered with an introduction so everyone knows who they are and vice versa

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Sat Jun 07, 2014 12:53 am

The caravan was only discussed on fb because the forum was down. Now that it up, everything should be settled here. And by all means decided by the OG members. I just wanted to see how many people wanted to go since I really wanted to make t shirts.

Sat Jun 07, 2014 1:12 am
DSM Regular

Whether you like it or not, that social media page has brought a lot of traffic towards this site than ever before. You see it as a take over when in reality its doing more for this site than this site could do for itself. Its more convenient to have all your social media in place, wether that be friends/family or people you can talk to about cars. I enjoy having subgroups on my facebook page because it some much more direct and quicker than a forum. However, there are multiple things that FB will never be able to do like a forum which, is why i still update my thread and post here. I almost do it out of pity for this site to get some activity on here from members.
Now, i do understand the whole OG issue with the name and how you guys brought this up from the ground. But like synthetek said LADSM once had a myspace page and where is it now? Gone. But here stands LADSM.com still... Who knows where LADSM on facebook will be a couple of months from now, but one thing we can count on (knock on wood) is that this page will still be up.

Sat Jun 07, 2014 1:24 am
Luvz teh Beer!!

Sat Jun 07, 2014 1:50 am
Reply to topic   [ 35 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next