[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
ladsm.com - View topic - Site maintenance in progress
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:14 am

Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Site maintenance in progress 
Goderator

Post Site maintenance in progress
There were a number of issues cropping up relating to site functionality that needed to be addressed. I've tracked the problem down to our forum "skin" as it's a third party and fell out of compatibility with the back-end of the forum software. The site might change appearances or just completely be inaccessible over the next few days as I attempt to get it looking how it was before. The problem is I highly modified the styling of the skin and will have to track down all my changes and re-implement them.

Some of the issues that appear to be resolved:
voting and vote results are now functioning
random logging out of users after a page is refreshed or changed
issues with moderators and admins being logged out while moderator posts
back-end issues only I have to worry about

If you notice anything weird occurring outside of the norm, please pm me with screen capture if possible. Thanks.

Mon Mar 28, 2011 4:33 pm

Post Re: Site maintenance in progress
and this whole time i thought one of the moderators kept logging me out :evil:

Mon Mar 28, 2011 5:14 pm
Profile YIM
DSM Regular

Will this possibly fix the tapatalk function?

Mon Mar 28, 2011 9:50 pm
Goderator

I haven't had a chance to look into the tapatalk function yet.

As far as progress goes, problems are still intermittent.

If anyone is interested in the technical side of the our site, to break it down simply, there's two parts to the forum. The data and the structure. The data is in the form of a MySQL database with about 63 data tables which each contain things like posts, users, private messages, session information and so on. The structure is the site layout that you see. That's ran off PHPBB3 forum software. Basically, you input the database information into a phpbb config file and when pages are loaded such as this, it pulls information from two different spots. The way the webpage looks is pulled from php templates and css style sheets and all the data within such as my username, time of post, post content, ip information and so on are pulled from the database. There's no real functional site backup and there really has never been one.

I have backups of the structure but I don't have complete backups of the data. The problem I'm stuck as is our database table for everyone's posts is too large (not abnormal) Tables are generally anywhere from a few kbs to a mb or two in size average. Posts is about 62 mbs. Due to its size, all my browsers timeout whenever I try to export it for a backup before it has a chance to finish the operation and allow me to download it. I backed up most of the tables but this is one of the main ones I cannot get. This is the only thing holding me back from being able to really tear into the site and make mistakes without having to worry about the site being catastrophically damaged.

Tue Mar 29, 2011 1:56 pm
Goderator

I just updated someone site software. Just a show of hands, are you guys still having problems being logged out and on a scale of 1-5 with 5 being the site nearly unusable, how would you rate it?

Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:00 am
Official Photographer

im getting logged out when I refresh or open another thread in a new window

Wed Mar 30, 2011 12:35 pm
Profile WWW
Goderator

Epic site failure today. Will be dedicating a lot of time to getting a working back-up now and hosting the site at a different place...Fuck you Yahoo!

Wed Mar 30, 2011 5:35 pm
Goderator

Ok, good news! With the help of Justin, we got a working backup of the site. The problem as I suspected from the get go was due to Yahoo being massive cocksuckers and having time out restrictions on sessions. As a result of us successfully pulling the site data, I was able to host the forum on my own webhosting service as you can see by looking at the url. Don't stop using ladsm.com however to reach the site. I will be resolving the name issue sometime later and for now, ladsm.com and ladsm.com/forum will redirect you to where the site is located no matter where I move it around.

Our software and database is now up to date, everything is running super fast due to it not being on Yahoo anymore, log outs seem to have been resolved, Takatap might be working (need confirmation from mobile users if it is) and polls are working as noted before.

Will keep updating with any news to follow. Enjoy.

Thu Mar 31, 2011 1:35 pm

Thanks for the hard work!

Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:02 pm
Profile WWW

Fri Apr 01, 2011 6:28 pm

Fri Apr 01, 2011 8:14 pm

I'm having issues with logging in. Everyday i go on the site, I'm logged out and have to re-type my user name and password....its been like that ever since your little april fool's prank you did on me :evil: :lol:

This only happens on my computer. It works fine on my chingon HTC EVO 4G

Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:45 pm
Goderator

Try deleting your cookies.

Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:56 pm

Negative..

Wed Apr 06, 2011 12:09 am
Goderator

Negative you haven't deleted them or that it still doesn't work. what browser are you using? Try a different browser and see if it happens on that one too.

Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:44 am
Reply to topic   [ 53 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next