[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
ladsm.com - View topic - Hate to do this but...97 Eclipse GSX Auto
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:51 am

Forum rules

Do not and I repeat DO NOT post in our For Sale section if you are a noob to this forum and have not properly introduced yourself in the New to LADSM section. If you ignore this, you will be warned and your post(s) will be deleted. If you continue to ignore us, you will be banned. There is also a no bump rule and no testing waters post enforced here. Do not reply to your own thread if you are not contributing any new information or details. Do not use this area as a Kelly Blue Book for your car. Only vehicles intended to be sold may be posted. Do not post anything for sale that you are not the owner of, do not have in your possession or are not legally allowed to sell.

LADSM claims no responsibility of liability for transactions made here for buyer nor seller. Use at your own risk.

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Hate to do this but...97 Eclipse GSX Auto 
DSM Regular

Post Hate to do this but...97 Eclipse GSX Auto
k well basically the car is sitting and its most likely due to a spun bearing...the car is mildly modded. got the car stock and when the engine went i started modding...i have 2 theories on why the engine might have spun 1 the oil pressure sol. wire snapped (fixed) or 2 detonation (im not to sure which one caused it)

the good
2 months warranty left on engine (i dont have time to deal with it anymore so im giving up) so its possible to get the engine rebuilt (the engine was not abused and only has 3500 on rebuild but has a possible spun bearing)
freshly rebuilt automatic transmission still has over a year warranty less than 3500 miles on it as well

will give recipts to both warranties

mods:
evo 16g (ported turbine housing)
evo 3 manifold
evo 3 o2 housing
rc 550s
aeromotive fpr
cruise control removed
Automatic transmission rebuilt with heavy duty clutches
255 walbro
greddy rs bov
K&n FIPK (carb sticker on MASS)
road race downpipe and test pipe
eibach sportline springs
autometers boost gauge
front (no name) and rear strut (DC Sport) tower bars
greddy turbo timer
road race uicp
new 3g lifters (only idles car with them)

The bad
possible spun bearing (good news it still has warranty for 2 months)
needs new paint (front bumper is flat black roof is faded other sports might be faded)
side skirts need to be secured
needs catback (bought one but seems to not bolt up will toss that in as well as any part i have for the car)

i dont want to get rid of the car but being a student and all im a bit pressed on money and time so this car needs to go to a better home. ive put way to much into the car that i finally gave up on the car. i do not have the title to the car as i financed it i have called the bank and they are willing to knock off the interest leaving me with a 3500 bill all im asking for is 3000 (ill bite 500 and together the car will be payed off) and its yours once the title gets to my house we'll (since the car is under my dads name) sign off on the title and its all yours

ps i would take the car to get the engine rebuilt but i dont have much time so what i can do is give you the recipt and buyer can take the car to get the engine rebuilt and have a fresh motor

pm me for pictures

Wed Jun 03, 2009 9:11 pm
Profile WWW
Talon of Doom

Post Re: Hate to do this but...97 Eclipse GSX Auto
nothing to do with the sale but, 1) there is not oil pressure solenoid. The two sensors down there are for oil pressure on the cluster, and the oil warning light. Either of those wires brake, the light or the gauge will stop working, wont kill your car. Also haven't heard of a spun bearing due to detonation. My last 6bolt I would spin to 8K on occasion, when it died, i tore it down the the rod bearings showed signs of pretty good wear, but that motor was pretty old and beat. The motor died from detonation that cracked the #3 cylinder's piston's ring land.

Just saying I highly doubt you spun a bearing due to either of your theories, especially #1

Do you need your car tooned? Got some extra cash? PM me for details. I offer street and dyno tunes

Fri Jun 05, 2009 5:11 pm
Profile WWW
DSM Regular

wow..time to re-think me sources... thanks for the info sam...reason i had said that was because on a tuners thread those 2 ideas were thrown around and since i had both problems i thought i thought i would throw those out there

Fri Jun 05, 2009 5:37 pm
Profile WWW
DSM Regular

not trying to push a sale or anything but just to let everyone know if anyone wants to take it off my hands that you might want to do it soon since the info that sam is giving me is kinda talking me out of doing this

Fri Jun 05, 2009 7:03 pm
Profile WWW

NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Dont sell your car our cars have so much in common hehe. You'll get a freshly built motor and there you go a working car foo. Dude my car looks way better now with the red 2gb bumper thanks lol. Although I did get a ticket for no front license plate but thug life. But its your choice so good luck with the sale and yeah sam and gus for some reason are always right lol.

Fri Jun 05, 2009 10:42 pm
DSM Regular

yeah im most likely gonna keep it but if a buyer comes along than ill sale lol

my car looks way better with the black one lol and i didnt have to chop the bumper up the only thing ill prob get rid of is the little thing in the opening and isnt that a fix it ticket??

Sat Jun 06, 2009 9:28 am
Profile WWW

Oh I know but I got a ticket by the stupid parking enforment and I have to pay it I didnt know you can get charaged 3 times for the same shit wtf.

Sat Jun 06, 2009 3:29 pm
DSM Regular

What do u mean be charged 3 times? Like did u get 3 tickets? Or was the ticket for 3 violations of the same thing? Either way I thought u could only be charged for a violation once

Sat Jun 06, 2009 6:56 pm
Profile WWW
Official Photographer

I think he is saying that if he doesnt pay right away the fine goes up and up. Also with a fix it ticket you have to fix it and still pay a court/police fee.

Sat Jun 06, 2009 7:00 pm
Profile WWW

No I got charged my first ticket for no license plate then I parked across the street from my house second ticket. Then this one recently I just got all of them were 20 buxs but anyways dont sell your car.

Sun Jun 07, 2009 11:22 am

Double post lol Put a pic of your car with the bumper I want to see how sick it looks lol.

Sun Jun 07, 2009 11:23 am
DSM Regular

I believe if you got a fix it ticket and got a nother one for the same offense u can dispute the other ones

all right so here is the pic man i just now saw that i need to straighten my front mount lol (dont mind the water on the car lol it was dusty so i sprayed it down only made it worse lol)

ps im dropping the pan thats why its up in the air

Sun Jun 07, 2009 12:46 pm
Profile WWW

Oh damn looks sick lol but why is the bottom like that I know it wasnt like that when we traded bumpers. But your car looks clean with that bumper hehe.

Mon Jun 08, 2009 9:10 pm
BANNED 4 LIFE!

Mon Jun 08, 2009 10:01 pm
Profile WWW
DSM Regular

lol no i just use that to prop the car up just a bit to get a bigger floor jack to get under there i just forgot to take the little jack out from under the car lol looks funny though

note the jack stand off to the side lol i wouldnt dare get under a car with just the scissor jack im scared of them after one bent when i had a corolla and i was changing a wheel

Last edited by jram53 on Mon Jun 08, 2009 10:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Jun 08, 2009 10:33 pm
Profile WWW
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next