View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:24 pm

Forum rules

Do not and I repeat DO NOT post in our For Sale section if you are a noob to this forum and have not properly introduced yourself in the New to LADSM section. If you ignore this, you will be warned and your post(s) will be deleted. If you continue to ignore us, you will be banned. There is also a no bump rule and no testing waters post enforced here. Do not reply to your own thread if you are not contributing any new information or details. Do not use this area as a Kelly Blue Book for your car. Only vehicles intended to be sold may be posted. Do not post anything for sale that you are not the owner of, do not have in your possession or are not legally allowed to sell.

LADSM claims no responsibility of liability for transactions made here for buyer nor seller. Use at your own risk.

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
FS: Feeler '89 Mirage Turbo 4G63 $3500! 
Post Master

Post FS: Feeler '89 Mirage Turbo 4G63 $3500!
I'm considering selling my beloved '89 Original Mirage Turbo. I've had this car for a little over 2.5 years now, and it has been my pride and joy. I never purchased it with intentions of daily-driving it, but it ended up working out that way, and I've driven this car every day for pretty much the last 2 years. It's been a totally reliable, fantastic car for me, but I'm afraid I need to move on with my life. This car still needs plenty of TLC, and I don't have the time, skills, or money to make it the car it deserves to be. I need to look into buying something a little more comfortable to drive every day, I'm getting old, and sick of driving a car with no AC or other creature comforts.

Car's background:
The car was originally purchased in Texas. Brought to California in the late 90's. I have no idea how many owners it's gone through, but I'm sure it's several. The car has never seen snow and has no rust underneath it whatsoever. It looks like there is one small rust bubble in the paint on the driver's door that has not gotten any worse in the 2+ years I have owned the car. It's an option-less model, cranker windows, no cruise control. I removed the AC when I bought the car because it didn't work. I do not have any of the components that I removed. Aside from that, I haven't removed anything else from the vehicle. When I bought the car it had 191k miles on the chassis. Now it has 230k on it, and the speedometer hasn't been working for the past several months. I have a ton of spare parts that will come with the car, including a KM210 trans of unknown condition and lots of other interior parts and misc. things.

Engine Mods:
4G63 swap from a '91 Talon 6-Bolt with roughly 130k on it, removed balance shafts
'90 DSM oil cooler
Big 16g turbo
Ported 2g Manifold
660cc Denso Injectors
S'AFC (4-button)
Zeitronix ZT-2 wideband
1g MAF un-hacked in stock aircan

Drivetrain Mods:
ACT 2100 DSM clutch
Prothane Motor Mount Inserts
F5M33 trans w/ AWD 5th gear (grinds 1st/2nd sometimes)

Suspension/Brake Mods:
1g AWD Koni Yellows all around
Custom coil-over setup that I put together (rides rough, handles awesome)
GVR4 hubs/spindles/calipers/rotors
Yoshifab camber plates
Yoshifab strut tower bar
15x7 +40 offset Rota Slipstream Rims (Bronze)
205/50 15" Falken Azenis RT-615 tires (need replacing)

General Upgrades:
Prosport Green/White Gauges (matches stock gauges nicely, boost/water temp/oil pressure)
Custom Fiberglass triple gauge center-vent pod
NZ/JDM headlights (not the yellow ones)
Euro Amber corner lights
Very nice un-cracked dash which I recently installed
Very nice rear hatch tray

Bad things:
This car was left outside for a long time. Nothing that's rubber seals anymore. It's all dried out. The car leaks water when it rains. Luckily here in so-cal it doesn't rain very much, but if I lived in a rainy climate I would want to fix those leaks soon. The interior is in pretty sorry shape. The seats are stained and have the typical rips and tears. The carpet is stained and gross (i have new carpet to include with the car). The paint is horribly oxidized on the roof and the hood, and most of the window trim is in bad shape too.

The engine burns a bit of oil. Usually about half a quart every couple weeks. I suspect it's from the turbo, but have never bothered to diagnose it. When I bought the engine it made over 160 compression across the board, but I have no idea what the history of the turbo is because it came with the car when I bought it. The turbo has very little shaft play and spins freely and makes boost just fine, so I don't know.

The speedometer doesn't work. It hasn't worked for several months. The car is locked at 230k miles. I haven't bothered to figure out why the speedo stopped working, I've just sort of gotten used to it not being there.

Photos:

There are tons more photos of the engine swap and lots of other misc stuff here:
http://home.tiora.net/tony/index.php?path=Mirage

Looking to get $3500. I feel that's a pretty fair price for what you get. It's a totally solid car. I average 30mpg with it, it never breaks, and it's a lot of fun to throw around the corners. I'm sure I forgot plenty of things about the car, so feel free to ask questions.

http://www.facebook.com/captaintonus

Thu Nov 04, 2010 2:38 pm

Post Re: FS: Feeler '89 Mirage Turbo 4G63 $3500!
Damn that little car is so cool. The ultimate sleeper!

10.67@126mph

Thu Nov 04, 2010 3:10 pm
Profile YIM
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]