[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
ladsm.com - View topic - 96 Talon TSi AWD
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:28 am

Forum rules

Do not and I repeat DO NOT post in our For Sale section if you are a noob to this forum and have not properly introduced yourself in the New to LADSM section. If you ignore this, you will be warned and your post(s) will be deleted. If you continue to ignore us, you will be banned. There is also a no bump rule and no testing waters post enforced here. Do not reply to your own thread if you are not contributing any new information or details. Do not use this area as a Kelly Blue Book for your car. Only vehicles intended to be sold may be posted. Do not post anything for sale that you are not the owner of, do not have in your possession or are not legally allowed to sell.

LADSM claims no responsibility of liability for transactions made here for buyer nor seller. Use at your own risk.

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
96 Talon TSi AWD 

Post 96 Talon TSi AWD
Here is my 96 Eagle Talon TSi AWD 5 speed. I love this car, but Im ready to move on to something else and I have too many projects. The car has 128K miles on it. The turbo is a low mileage used Holset HX-35 that I put on a few months ago. The car runs 12.8@ 107 in Fontana on pump gas at 20psi. with a 1.7 60' time on street tires(this was on the 50trim) the holset is faster. It will beat a lot of corvettes, mustangs, camaros etc. on the street tires because of the AWD. This car has never broke down on me and I have driven it cross country with out any problems. I have drove it from South Dakota to San Diego, CA to North Dakota, to Washington, and then down to here. Ive driven it to Vegas many times. It gets 26 mpg driving back and forth to work and 28-30 on the highway. I did all the mods myself, and the car is maintained by me. Im a true car enthusiast and while the car has been raced many times (thats why I built it), it has never been abused. I bought the car in 2003 with 52K miles on it, it was rock stock then. I am the 2nd owner. Here is the list of mods.
Engine
Mitsubishi polished valve cover
K&N FIPK
4 in. Forced Performance intake
EGR Block off
10.5 X 28 X 3.5-inch FMIC with 2.5-inch intercooler pipes.
GREDDY Type S BOV
Hallman manual boost controller
3 in. cat-back Apexi N1 Exhaust with "stealth" muffler 3 inch in dual 3in out.
RnR Racing 3" O2 Eliminator Downpipe
3" straight pipe
EVO III ported exhaust manifold
Holset HX35 with BEP housing
HKS 272 Intake/ Exhaust Cams
750cc FIC injectors
255 lph Walboro fuel pump
Aeromotive Fuel Pressure Regulator
Magnecor Spark Plug 8.5mm Wires
NGK BPR7ES
Prothane Polyurethane motor mounts
Fluidyne Aluminum Radiator
Koyo 1.3 Bar Radiator Cap
EPROM ECU with dsmchips stage 3 key driver
APEXi S-AFC 2

Drive Train
X-ACT Chromoly 11 lbs. Flywheel
Stainless Steel Clutch Line
ACT 2600 Clutch
B & M Short Shifter set at 50 %
Mitsubishi Heavy Leather Shift knob

Body
97 Talon Front Bumper
RS Hatch
Spoilerless
Rear Wiperless

Electronics/ Interior
EPROM ECU with dsmchips stage 3 key driver chip
APEXi Turbo Timer
APEXi SAFC 2
Autometer Phantom Boost Gauge
Prosport Water Temp Gauge
Zeitronix Wideband O2 Sensor with boost sensor

Stereo
Premier CD player deck
Sirius Radio Dock

Suspension
Eibach Pro-Kit 1.3 inch drop
Tokico Illumina 5 way adjustable struts/shocks

Wheels
Flik FTD 17 x 8 +45 offset 18.5 lbs
235/40ZR17 HTRZIII

the good: Its fast, reliable, and fun as hell to drive
bad: it has a salvaged title because it was hit in the front and in South Dakota (where I bought it), if a car is more then 2 years old and has more then $2000 in damage, they automatically give it a salvaged title. The car aligns perfectly even with it being lowered and doesnt have any fitment issues. The buyer will be responsible for smogging and registering the car... It is registered out of state.
ugly: It needs a paint job pretty bad but that gives it the sleeper look. haha.

Make me an offer, Im ready to get this thing out of here. I just bought a house and have a 06 GTO, so this has to go. Dont hesitate to ask any questions. I have a couple of extra parts, cam gears, VIS CF hood, and a few more. All of them will go with the car if the buyer wants them.

There are pics all over this site of it, but if you want some specific ones let me know and Ill take them for you

I love my DSM...
Mike

$7500 obo

Still have stuff for sale: 1G TB and 2 1G TPS sensors, thumbnail spoiler, stock cams, 2GA stock headlight. Make me an offer!

Last edited by RiG on Tue Jun 29, 2010 2:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Jun 28, 2010 6:13 pm
Goderator

Post Re: 96 Talon TSi AWD
I hope your car goes to a good home, Mike but it will be nice to see you and her at MOD for one more year.

Mon Jun 28, 2010 6:20 pm
Official Photographer

Mon Jun 28, 2010 6:38 pm
Profile WWW

Thanks guys! Im hoping to step up to an Evo, possibly so I wont be going too far off the grid. If I dont sell it before MOD, then I will be there in it. If I do sell it before MOD, hopefully I will be rolling an EVO by then or looking for one at MOD. haha. Id like to see this car go to a good home to someone who knows about DSMs and will make this faster then I ever could. haha

Still have stuff for sale: 1G TB and 2 1G TPS sensors, thumbnail spoiler, stock cams, 2GA stock headlight. Make me an offer!

Mon Jun 28, 2010 7:34 pm

Oh wow man, you're selling it? You're going to be sad when it's gone :cry:

But I have a feeling you'll forget about it quickly when you get an EVO :mrgreen: glws!

10.67@126mph

Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:49 am
Profile YIM

Yeah Im selling it, Id like to get an EVO but I should probably buy something more practical first. I need a truck, so I might wait on gettin an EVO until I get a truck. Im putting the Talon on craigslist right now, hopefully it will sell soon.

Mike

Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:48 am

So Im thinking that I wont be able to sell this car, what does everyone think about parting it out? Id rather not do that as it is a good car and I dont want to have parts laying around everywhere. But what are your thoughts? Maybe I just need to lower the price...

$7000 obo

Sun Jul 18, 2010 5:27 pm

Still for sale with a new external wastegate setup! Its a Tial 38mm external wastegate and a SLS O2 housing $7000 still! This set up cost 500 bucks! I need this car gone! Ihave no more room, make me an offer please!

Mike

Wed Oct 06, 2010 10:41 am
DSM Regular

Stock engine?

Thu Oct 07, 2010 11:54 am

Stock bottom end and head with the exception of the HKS 272 cams. Everything listed is what is done to the car :) I have checked it for crankwalk numerous times through out the life of the car and it has always been well under the limit. No problems with the engine at all. I love this car, but financially issues has caused me to sell it :(

Thu Oct 07, 2010 3:03 pm

Here are some interior pics and engine pics. My camera wasnt working too well, sorry if they are blurry. I can take more detailed ones if someone wants them. I need to sell this car! Make me an offer. Thanks
Mike

Tue Oct 12, 2010 6:43 pm
DSM Regular

Retracted. :mrgreen:

Last edited by DSMP on Fri Oct 15, 2010 12:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Oct 12, 2010 9:31 pm

Thank you for your comment. If you dont like the price, there is no reason to post.

Thu Oct 14, 2010 9:54 am
DSM Regular

Post VIS CF Hood
It's tough getting back any where near what you put into a car when you start modding it. I went through the same thing with my GST a while back.

If you were to part out the car, there are several parts I would be interested in (EVO 3 mani, Holset, Fluidyne, suspension). I even have the corresponding parts to trade so you can still have a running car to sell (ported 2G mani, ported big 16G, stock radiator, stock suspension)

As it is, would you be willing to sell the CF Hood? Price?

'06 EVO IX
'98 Eclipse GSX
'90 TSI AWD project car (SOLD)
'90 240sx drift car (SOLD)

Sun Oct 17, 2010 1:59 am

Yeah I understand not getting back what I have in the car. I have a lot more then 7K into the car. Im probably at somewhere near 15K total, plus time and tuning. Shoot me a PM with an offer on everything you want, and Ill let you know.

Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:23 am
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next