[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
ladsm.com - View topic - Selling my 96 Talon TSi AWD $5999!!! **SOLD** PLEASE CLOSE!!
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:19 pm

Forum rules

Do not and I repeat DO NOT post in our For Sale section if you are a noob to this forum and have not properly introduced yourself in the New to LADSM section. If you ignore this, you will be warned and your post(s) will be deleted. If you continue to ignore us, you will be banned. There is also a no bump rule and no testing waters post enforced here. Do not reply to your own thread if you are not contributing any new information or details. Do not use this area as a Kelly Blue Book for your car. Only vehicles intended to be sold may be posted. Do not post anything for sale that you are not the owner of, do not have in your possession or are not legally allowed to sell.

LADSM claims no responsibility of liability for transactions made here for buyer nor seller. Use at your own risk.

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
Selling my 96 Talon TSi AWD $5999!!! **SOLD** PLEASE CLOSE!! 

Post Selling my 96 Talon TSi AWD $5999!!! **SOLD** PLEASE CLOSE!!
I don't really want to sell it but have to. Many of you have seen it at the meet.

It's steel grayish purplish color with the typical Talon black roof. It's kind of a rare color as I haven't seen too many Talons that have this color. It has the gray interior however the carpet has been replaced with a new black one and the seats are black, so it has a black/gray scheme going. 99,900 miles, 5-speed.

The car is very clean. The interior is EXTREMELY CLEAN, looks new. The exterior is clean too, a small ding on the door, some scratches, nothing major. NO ACCIDENTS.

This car is heavily modified. All parts are name brands of quality. No knock offs. No corners cut. Only I and my mechanic have worked on this car so it has not seen many hands.

The car looks stock from outside as it has no front mount but a water to air intercooler in the engine bay. Runs an FP3065 turbo which has a lifetime warranty. Has Sparco seats and an Auto Power 4 point roll bar.

Here are the mods:

FP3065 Turbo w/ Lines,
FP O2 Housing,
Tial 44mm V-band Wastegate,
SBR Exhaust Manifold,
SBR Heat Shield,
PWR Liquid/Air Barrel 6x6" Intercooler,
Custom Intercooler Piping,
Mishimoto Aluminum Radiator,
Mishimoto Silicon Radiator Hoses,
Buddy Club Radiator Cap,
Gates Racing Timing Belt,
Hose Techniques Silicon Hoses,
Flex-a-lite Fans,
HKS Intake,
Greddy Type-S Blow Off Valve,
Custom 3in Exhaust with Magnaflow Resonator and Vibrant Muffler,
Apex-i N1 DP,
Apex-i Grounding/Voltage Regulator,
Aeromotive FPR,
Steal Braided Fuel Lines,
850cc Injectors,
Walboro 255lph Fuel Pump,
Pioneer AVH-P7800DVD Head Unit,
Pioneer AVG-VDP1 Vehicle Dynamics Processor,
Kicker Door Speakers,
Pioneer Tweeters,
Custom Black Carpet,
Sparco Pedals,
Sparco Seats,
Sparco Harnesses,
AutoPower Roll Bar

RoadRace Stage 2 Head,
SuperTech Valvetrain,
Cometic Head Gasket,
ARP Head Studs,
ARP Main Bolts,
ARP Rod Bolts

DSM Link,
3" GM MAF,
MAF Translator,
Apex-i AVCR Black

Tein Basic Coilovers,
Tien F/R Pillowball Upper Mounts,
DC Sport F/R Carbon Steel Strut Bars,
5Ziggen FN0R1C 17in Matt Black Wheels,
Dunlop Tires,
Power Slot F/R Rotors,
Earl's Plumbing SS Brake Lines,
Akebono Race Pads

New OEM parts:

Knock Sensor
Water Temp Sensor
Thermostat
Water Pump
O2 sensor
Idle Air Control valve
Master and Slave Clutch Cylinder

ISSUES:

- The car has a tune but needs to be re-tuned or have the current tune tweeked because it has trouble with cold start. Other than that, it runs like a champ.

- The fuel gauge is a bit off (about a 1/4 tank), just needs to have the floater in the pump assembly housing set properly. This is a common issue which changing fuel pumps. It's no big deal and can easily be adjusted.. but just letting you know.

As you can see a lot of money was spend and only high quality parts used. Make me a reasonable offer. Those who are seriously interested, I can send hi-res pics. Car is located in Los Angeles, CA.

Last edited by InBedWith4G63 on Tue Dec 07, 2010 7:26 pm, edited 14 times in total.

Wed May 26, 2010 9:08 pm

Post Re: Selling my 96 Talon TSi AWD
Makes me want to find a nice 2ga Talon...

GL with the sale man!!

Thu May 27, 2010 4:46 am
Profile WWW

Thu May 27, 2010 11:14 am
DSM Regular

damn....cant you just hold off till im done with my project....my next project is a Talon....damn to bad i dont have the fund i would so take that off your hands.....

Thu May 27, 2010 2:53 pm
DSM Post Whore

whats the price range youre looking at getting? i got a person who likd the car and might be interested.

Thu May 27, 2010 3:02 pm

Honestly, I'd like to get around $10K, but I'm open to reasonable offers.

I've invested around $20K so I think $10K is fair.

Thu May 27, 2010 4:31 pm

Anyhow, I do need to sell it so anyone interested, make me a reasonable offer and I'm sure we can work something out. At this point somewhere within the 9-10K region would be nice, but I am open to offers.

Thu May 27, 2010 7:46 pm

As would like to sell this thing before June 10, I'm willing to take $8400. Anyone who is interested, let me know and we can put the wheels in motion.

So... $7900

Fri May 28, 2010 2:01 pm

Post Re: Selling my 96 Talon TSi AWD $7900!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
New price of $7900. Come on people, that's a good deal!

Wed Aug 04, 2010 10:04 pm

I'm sure this is the last thing you want to hear, but if you want to make some serious money back on it, your best bet is to part out all the aftermarket stuff. Did you keep all the stock stuff? You could put it as close to stock as possible and make some good money off the car as well since it's so clean. Most people don't want to buy a fully modded DSM for a number of reasons. I know that sucks b/c you put your heart into the car, but if you need the money that's probably the only way you'll come close to making back what you put into it. :( Heck, the turbo/intercooler setup alone could net you a few grand. Even if you don't have the stock stuff, throw a 14b or 16g on there w/ a stock sidemount, pull easy things like the 4 pt belts, throw in stock seats, and sell the car like that.

Thu Aug 05, 2010 12:07 am
Profile WWW

Thu Aug 05, 2010 11:18 am

Thu Aug 05, 2010 12:00 pm
Profile WWW
Goderator

Rarely does the amount of money invested influence the worth of the vehicle or in your case a reasonable asking price. For example my the car I just purchased a few months ago has one of the most detailed histories including every single receipt showing 40k worth of maintenance and upgrades but the seller couldn't get anywhere near his asking price of 10k. Your car shows a blue book value between 3-6k and 98% of the public isn't going to go above that no matter what you put into it.

I don't want to shoot you down or say your car isn't worth it. Just don't set yourself up for a fall when no one comes through on a sale. The idea of selling all the performance parts is a very good plan assuming you had the time to make it happen. You can hold out and find that one buyer that will give you the most of what you're asking for but they're few and far between especially in this economy. I hope you find a good buyer for your car, though. Good luck.

Thu Aug 05, 2010 12:01 pm

Thu Aug 05, 2010 1:06 pm
Post Master

Shit if i had the money you wouldn't have the car anymore....Problem is here in cali you dont have people willing to spend money on a car unless its something really rare.or something in that nature...In your case you have a car were is not that rare but is wanted...But people wanted stock so they themselfs can invest all the money they would be paying to to have it build to there own way....Thats the problem with trying to sell custom/modified cars, people rather buy stock for cheaper and invest the rest to have done there way...Do you kinda get my point?

Thu Aug 05, 2010 1:38 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 37 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next