[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
ladsm.com - View topic - 92 GST w/JDM 4G63 Motor
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 5:07 am

Forum rules

Do not and I repeat DO NOT post in our For Sale section if you are a noob to this forum and have not properly introduced yourself in the New to LADSM section. If you ignore this, you will be warned and your post(s) will be deleted. If you continue to ignore us, you will be banned. There is also a no bump rule and no testing waters post enforced here. Do not reply to your own thread if you are not contributing any new information or details. Do not use this area as a Kelly Blue Book for your car. Only vehicles intended to be sold may be posted. Do not post anything for sale that you are not the owner of, do not have in your possession or are not legally allowed to sell.

LADSM claims no responsibility of liability for transactions made here for buyer nor seller. Use at your own risk.

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
92 GST w/JDM 4G63 Motor 
DSM Post Whore

Post Re: 92 GST w/JDM 4G63 Motor

Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:37 am

:munch:

Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:10 am
Profile WWW
DSM Regular

Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:28 pm
Talon of Doom

Haha, touche' on the Egypt thing. Guess it depends on who's point of view your are looking from. I'm always down to help people out, and I do it all day, on here, at work, and outside of work. People on this forum would vouch for me on that. Chris has called me countless times for my input on issues he's dealing with. It's just I need some sort of incentive to drive out of my way, for someone I've never personally met, on my free time that I'd rather be spending sitting on a toilet taking dump and going through failblog.com or watching discovery channel.

But how's this sound for you, I'd be willing to go out there to check this out, if I fix it, $80bucks plus Chris' gas money :lol:, If i cant solve it, no charge for my time, but I'll still take Chris' gas money. Sorry Chris, you offered. 8)

Do you need your car tooned? Got some extra cash? PM me for details. I offer street and dyno tunes

Mon Apr 19, 2010 4:52 pm
Profile WWW
DSM Regular

Mon Apr 19, 2010 5:11 pm
DSM Regular

Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:22 pm
Profile WWW
DSM Regular

Close this thread please.. Not selling anymore. Sam came out to BF Simi Valley and fixed the problem. Keeping the 1G and I love it.. Let u all know that was keeping track of this topic, it was the fuel pump. Sam can explain it more .

Wed Apr 21, 2010 3:12 am
Talon of Doom

it was a combo 1-2 of pump and ecu. For one the ecu wasn't working right for some odd reason, caps look good, been replaced with 105*C caps. Solder job looks good, traces look good. I started off with basics, make sure timing was dead on, confirm CAS trigger, check for fuel, and injector pulse. All that passed. So we know we got fuel, and spark, assuming compression is good because timing is dot on and it doesn't smoke. It boils down to ignition timing and fuel amount. Timing usually is good, and fuel is usually a problem, so I assumed we weren't getting the right amount of fuel for whatever reason. Plugged in a 1G ecu with DSMlink that I had to log all sensor, the car ran great on the Linked ECU and shitty on the stock dead ecu, and less shitty on a good 1g stock ecu. The link was set to 2G maf, and I changed it back to 1G maf and it ran like the stock good ecu. Turned out the car was running 24% leaner for whatever reason. Maf signal looked good, o2 sensor worked, coolant temp and other sensor outputs looked within real world values. Only other thing that would make a car run lean is a Vac leak, but It have to be a big one, the other was lack of fuel pressure. I normally don't point out pump failure as my main thing unless the car doesn't even start. Usually electrical parts work or don't, like a light bulb, either you got light or you don't. Then I was guessing maybe we have a in tank leak, so I gotta pull the pump anyways. To drain the tank I took off the fuel return line off the rail and first thing I notice is the return line was bone dry, which confirms the lack of pressure. It takes 37.5psi +/- manifold pressure/vac to crack the regulator open to bleed excess back to the tank. Left the line off and turned on the pump via Link and confirmed no very low pressure because nothing was coming out of the regulator. First off, I checked voltage at the pump assembly, and got 11.7v with the car off and Link enabling the pump, so confirms its not a power supply issue to the pump assembly. Dropped the tank, took out the old pump, check resistance on the wires on the assembly that plugs into the pump and got 4ohms. Inspected the rubber and hard line that connects the pump to the assembly and all was go. So put in the 190, test fire and car rang good. Buttoned it all up, and put gas back in it, fired up, drove great. Solved!

So, that's how I did it.
DSMlink can do more than allow you to tune your car at its best, it makes diagnosing a problem 100X easier.

Do you need your car tooned? Got some extra cash? PM me for details. I offer street and dyno tunes

Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:08 am
Profile WWW

Sam you are seriously the fuckin man just cause of this ima bring pizza on monday and save you a whole box. To the OP good luck with the 1g and have fun with it. To me I say it was worth the 80 buxs lol

Wed Apr 21, 2010 7:59 am
DSM Regular

Hell ya it was worth the 80 bucks and the 20 bucks i gave for gas. Thanks again Sam. It was also nice meeting you and damn your car was fast when we drove to Chris's house.

Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:11 am
Talon of Doom

no prob. The drive back wasn't too bad. Took the 405S, that road if rougher. But it was good meeting ya, thanks for the monster. Kind of bummed about not getting Chris's gas money, his specificaly.

Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:36 am
Profile WWW

So much for your "fuel pump works or it doesn't" theory! :lol:

I think what impresses me more than Sam's knowledge is his speed. It would have taken me an entire weekend to go through all that to get a car running. :rolleyes: Nice work, Sam.

Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:38 pm
Profile WWW

Yupp, sam the DSM Doctor lol ..

Wed Apr 21, 2010 1:19 pm
DSM Regular

Wed Apr 21, 2010 1:22 pm
Profile YIM

Wed Apr 21, 2010 1:32 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next