[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
ladsm.com - View topic - LADSM History and Stories.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:03 am

Forum rules

This section is for LADSM sanctioned meets / events only. All meets posted here must be approved by Admins. Please post other meets/events in the "Other Meets" section. If you know of or would like to plan an event that you think should be posted in this section PM a Mod or Admin For Approval.

Reply to topic  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
LADSM History and Stories. 
Site Admin

Post Re: LADSM History and Stories.
Actually our first meet was at the Target in Norwalk (where our usual meet was). I got in contact with Mr. Casual (Steve) and him and I would hang out. Steve would be in constant contact with Onecks (Carlos) while he was stationed on the East Coast. Then in that first meet I met Jerry, Danny & Joe. The original 5 of LADSM. The first night we went to a bar in Downey and had a couple of drinks. This is when I first learned Joe was an alcoholic....lol. We Had a BBQ at Mr. Casual house. I remember Danny getting a ticket on his way back from buying drinks...lol. Jerry and Steve would always get in constant talks (arguments) about upgrades, tuning, lowering his (Mr. Casual) 4x4 spyder, making fun of his Axle Back Exhaust and other shit. There is Video of H8Vtec's eclipse from back in the day running his T25 turbo at Irwindale versus Mr. Casual's Eclipse. Mr. Casual car had nothing on H8Vtec's car.

Then we had 2 BBQ's in Pasadena @ the Rose Bowl. Good times, the crew from SD actually drove up and came to one of the BBQ's and vice versa. I remember Gus having a great time driving with Hunter! LMAO!

Good times. Hope to have more with you fellas.
And yes I know, I need to come hang out more often.

Wed Oct 19, 2011 10:37 am

I joined early '06 once i was out of h.s. back when i had the "all show no go" 1.8L 4g37 1g, and i had regretted getting the slowest dsm made (other than possibly the a/t version of the car) I showed up to the monday meet and was shy at first but then made friends with Andy (dsmpanda), alvin, luis, etc. I remember the "yearly" meet in pasadena at that park, even though it didn't happen since that one time i went to it. The cruise up angels crest with jaimer's alarm constantly going off, haha. Chino meets at the spectrum i think? good times. You guys remember Rob and his purple 420a with nos?

Since joining i've made/lost alot of good friends, learned alot about these cars, and owned 4 dsm's since then. I wouldn't change that for anything.

Wed Oct 19, 2011 12:07 pm
Goderator

Vato Rob and the GSN? lmao

One of the best times imo was the SDDSM BBQ meet in Dan Diego. We all met up early like 8 or 9am and headed down the 5. Everyone kept pulling on each other but then we hit traffic not even out of Anaheim/Santa Ana. Carbon Fiber Steve planned to pull off the shoulder and wait for us to reach him somewhere past Irvine. We also met up with Phalax (lol) near Oceanside but he quickly left the caravan because "we drive too fast" Everyone was overheating, we were rolling the whole time like 2mph and we finally ended up getting there around 2 or 3. Jerry flagged down the ice cream man. Hunter's mom told him not to come back home unless he bought a 6bolt. Frank bought a Greddy Type S for 20 bucks and turned around and sold it for over double that price at the same meet. That was a good day.

Wed Oct 19, 2011 12:16 pm

2003 Yamaha R6

Wed Oct 19, 2011 1:39 pm
Goderator

Yeah, same car. There's pics of us going to SD and there's a bunch of blue tape holding the sideskirt to the car.

Wed Oct 19, 2011 1:45 pm

:lol: poor car. It's undergone a drastic change since I got my hands on it. Perhaps it's cursed due to the previous owner not caring for it. We'll see once I get it fixed again.

I'm about to search for those pics, just to see what my car was like before it was mine.

2003 Yamaha R6

Wed Oct 19, 2011 1:56 pm

Damn ive been lurking on the forums for a while and the 1st meet I had was the one tunners/LADSM was having. It was at a BJ's in the valley then we did a caravan thru Topanga canyon to PCH. Was awesome and I remember seeing Jerrys spyder. Everyone was overheating lol except like a few. After that it was all history. Saw alot of members come and go.
All the great times we had going up angels crest (screw GMR too much rice)

Damn so I found this and Ive been a member since 05!!!! HAHAHAHAH
http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/socal-r ... t-bjs.html

Wed Oct 19, 2011 3:39 pm
Profile YIM

I joined the boards in March of 2006. I remember seeing Mr. Casual's post on tuners about the meets off Firestone Blvd in Norwalk every Monday night. I finally started attending the meets after MOD 06, since I finally got the chance to meet a few of you. Sam still remembers when we got lost from the caravan...LOL!

Beau, DJ Serts & George(GSTUNER) were probably my first DSM friends. I went on to meet Andy(Panda2g), Wes & Sam at Mod 06.

Apexi Garage Sale - Joe, Jerry, Alvin, Luis, Pasha & whoever else was there that day.

Rosebowl - Eric "Eazy", Erix, Piolin, Onecks & G

Then we had the OC meets next to the In N out - Jerry, Justin, Steve(Project2g) & Tom(Mad Scientist). I still remember when that guy with the white integra was trying to take off Jerry's license plate. LMAO!

The rest is pretty much history from there...damn I've been here for a minute!

Wed Oct 19, 2011 4:10 pm

a few from the SD BBQ. That meet was in '07

I memmer when Justin "helping" a large friend up onto the bar at SaddleRanch...Luis riding his bike to the meet with Pollo riding bitch...Pito getting left behind bcuz he "wanted" to get out...Gus going drink for drink w/G and passing out in a recliner...the many drunk times G and Carlos were drunk at MOD...Jerry punching pancakes...Jose puking at D&B...Bambi got upset bcuz Chivas was all over his CF hood...and the list goes on and on...

Wed Oct 19, 2011 5:47 pm
Profile YIM
Luvz teh Beer!!

I'm assuming you all have guns and crack!

Wed Oct 19, 2011 6:50 pm
frank the tank

Haha my OG block out of my gsx

1/4mile 10.5 @ 136 mph personal best 3582R Las Vegas
1/4mile 10.41@ 137.9 mph Fontana personal best 3582R
5 Gears...4 wheel drive/steer...3 Diamonds...2 cams...1 Turbo...0 Reliability

Wed Oct 19, 2011 6:58 pm
Profile YIM
Quagmire

Where do I even begin....

I'm gonna get a patch that says "First 5"...

Fri Oct 21, 2011 8:21 pm

Damn I miss the old meet spot what's up everyone long time no see

Fri Oct 21, 2011 11:18 pm

see if you guys recognize pictures...

Sat Oct 22, 2011 12:35 pm

:munch: :P

Sat Oct 22, 2011 3:15 pm
Reply to topic   [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next