[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
ladsm.com - View topic - LADSM History and Stories.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:20 pm

Forum rules

This section is for LADSM sanctioned meets / events only. All meets posted here must be approved by Admins. Please post other meets/events in the "Other Meets" section. If you know of or would like to plan an event that you think should be posted in this section PM a Mod or Admin For Approval.

Reply to topic  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
LADSM History and Stories. 
Goderator

Post LADSM History and Stories.

Tue Oct 18, 2011 8:20 am

Post Re: Rare 1 of 1 2g Hardtop Spyder Pics Inside!!
Actually earlier, 07 or 08...it was around the time of the chino hills bbq meet. Hunter told me some of the guys from tuners were there and pointed them out...

Tue Oct 18, 2011 9:03 am
Profile YIM
Goderator

Probably 08 then.

Tue Oct 18, 2011 9:21 am

You guys are too old school for me. How long ago was ladsm established?

2003 Yamaha R6

Tue Oct 18, 2011 12:23 pm
Goderator

Tue Oct 18, 2011 12:45 pm

So im assuming sometime in 2006 it started up after reading that thread. So this onecks787 guy, what happened to him? Maybe a little ladsm history lesson wouldn't hurt, if it isn't too much to ask for. 5 years and ladsm still persists. That's pretty good considering the small amount of dsmers there are.

2003 Yamaha R6

Tue Oct 18, 2011 1:12 pm
Goderator

I don't know exactly when it start but it was Carlos (Onyx) that set the site up. I think it was 05, I'm not sure. It basically started as an offshoot from DSMtuners Socal region section with a lot of members there taking part in LADSM. There was like a total of 9 original members that first started meeting up; Carlos, Jerry, Luis, Mr Casual and a few more. It picked up gradually over the next couple of years with BBQs and meets. Here are some banners which include some old school pics used in the day with some of the older members: viewtopic.php?f=28&t=10548 In early 07, Carlos tried to upgrade the forum but it ended up in a total loss with no back ups. All of the original posts were lost and not all of the members re-registered to the site. I took over site duties a few years ago and have since upgraded and maintained the website along with Justin (Synthetek)

There's other members on here that can elaborate on the early days better than I can. We've had so much b.s. happen over the past years, we could write a pretty epic thread detailing all of our meets, fuck ups, outings, members that have come and gone (been banned) and so on.

Don't forget, at one point, I started off the same place as you are now so just stay involved and you'll grow into it like a family.

Tue Oct 18, 2011 1:27 pm

I signed up LADSM in 2005, not long after it started. I swear there had to have been like only 20 registered members on here anyways not sure the date it started, but Carlos (onecks) actually started the site in another state while he was in south Carolina doing some military related things, if I remember correctly. So the other guys like Mr. Casual, Luis, jerry, Wes, and i wonna through Joe and Sam into the mix started meeting up here, los angeles. Back then our Monday night meets were at different locations every week. We used to move it everyweek so it can be convenient driving distance for all members. (remember it was about 10-15 ppl at the time) once LADSM stared getting bigger and members started registering for different locations, we got tired of moving it around every week, so we set the OG meet off firestone to be the set spot.

+1 with making a thread about all our stories.

Tue Oct 18, 2011 2:17 pm
Death to Head Gaskets!

everyone is new at some point i haven't been around that long, but try to stay pretty involved, in recent months i have fallen off a bit due to personal issues and car issues, but as soon as my Talon is up and running again ill be more involved setting up meets and cruises.

and i've only been a member since 09'

Tue Oct 18, 2011 3:04 pm

i saw LADSM at MOD '06. I had a '97 RS at the time and always thought it was cool to meet other guys with the same 2G. I didnt get involved until I needed help replacing my driver side fender, and the rest is LADSM history. The first meet I got involved in was at the Glendale In and Out off the 2. I memmer meeting Wes, Joe, Pollo, Andy(dsm panda), John and Oscar.

It was good times ever since...beer...monday night meets...beer...birthday get togethers...beer...hully gully nights...beer...saddleranch...beer...wrenching...beer...san diego bbq...beer...post MOD get together...beer...halloween shindigs...beer...guitar hero...beer...bbqs...beer...bullshitting...beer and beer.

Tue Oct 18, 2011 5:54 pm
Profile YIM

I joined LADSM February of this year and its been a lot of fun and looking forward for more crazy nights and fun events. Those are some cool banners there should be more with the new members that are starting to show and participate in the club. A lot of more outtings and trips were held before why did they stop?

Tue Oct 18, 2011 8:11 pm

^^that's a good question. Idk why they stop. We used to do a lot of weekend events and meets. I even remember having a full LADSM house at something so small like a greedy event. Idk people change, times change, people grow up and get over the whole movement thing, members leave, some sell there DSM....maybe it was jus a thing for the moment. Idk, but I'm glad I joined this site back in the day. I learned a lot, meet some cool peeps, props to the og's that have stuck around, and to the new cats hanging around and putting up with our BS. let's keep the ball rolling.

P.S. another MOD should split this topic I'm out drinking right.now so I don't wonna mess it up haha cheers fuckers!!

Tue Oct 18, 2011 8:51 pm

Tue Oct 18, 2011 9:21 pm
Profile YIM
No More 2.3L

Post Re: LADSM History and Stories.
I've been having a good time with members from here going back to 2006. And I hope to get back to hanging out and going to meets again when I find my way back to Southern California. With some good luck I may get stationed with a sub out of San Diego around September of 2012.

452 AWHP 446 lb ft of torque e85 FTW!!

"They are cool manly men now those DSM owners. Before it was just pasty white nerds, metro hair Asian kids and fruit pickers. They do real car club stuff and everything. Sometimes they even spend money here :-/"

-Mike W

Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:53 am
Profile YIM

Post Re: LADSM History and Stories.
Before ladsm we had the Anaheim cruises set up by silvermitsu over on tuners. I was one of the first to join ladsm but didn't participate in any of the events. As a matter of fact, I went to one monday meet. I arrived, got out of the car, saw a bunch of revving & tire smoke, got back in & took off, lol.

531.5whp 414.8tq @ 29psi, FP3575 on Q16

Wed Oct 19, 2011 10:13 am
Reply to topic   [ 71 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next