[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
ladsm.com - View topic - A serious moment
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:09 am

Forum rules

This section is for LADSM sanctioned meets / events only. All meets posted here must be approved by Admins. Please post other meets/events in the "Other Meets" section. If you know of or would like to plan an event that you think should be posted in this section PM a Mod or Admin For Approval.

Reply to topic  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
A serious moment 
Official Photographer

Post Re: A serious moment
Im not sure what night you are talking about, but ive only taken photos of one car for the hall of shame and it was not a members car just a random car that went to starbucks, what car does she have? I remember one night a girl got mad at me for trying to take a photo, but the photos I take at the meet are for the site to show the meets and not to make fun of anyone

Fri Apr 01, 2011 5:09 pm
Profile WWW
Goderator

Fri Apr 01, 2011 6:02 pm

Damn Christ that's some deep shot right there. props and made respect from me. I takes a lot for a man to say that. Remind me to buy u a beer tonight. I will put in my 2 cents tomorrow as I'm gonna get shit canned tonight after work.

Fri Apr 01, 2011 6:34 pm

Yeah, I agree. I find it really sad now when I'm getting off the freeway to see a bunch of fucking ricers instead of family. Shit, were pushed in the corner with the showing of maybe 5-6 cars now? I drive nearly 40miles one way to attend the meet and show my support every Monday night. Yes, I do have a life as well and have to get up at 6am the following morning, but that's not the point. It's about keeping this meet alive and showing YOUR support for this forum and DSM cars in general. I'm not forcing anyone to go, but I just think this meet will eventually become a permanent Honda meet if we don't act upon it.

Fri Apr 01, 2011 7:30 pm

I remember when I first joined the site and my first meet. The only people that ever talked to me was vesper and chivas. Then I remember I think it was you Christ or another senior member that told me after I told him you guys should go and talk to the members that are new. Then the following answer some senior member told me on here that were not gonna hold your hand and you dont have to talk to to us if you dont want to or something like that. I thought it was dick move and that made me not show up for a few meets but I started showing up more often. Ive been with LADSM for a little more then 2 years and only became friends one member. I know usually the senior members like to kick it with there own people. I always thought it was stupid when a senior member would ask are any senior members going which that made realize they didnt want to hang out with the new guys just the regular senior members. Also I dont regret ever joining this forum all of you guys were helpful with me and getting my car back on the road. I remember when I joined the forum the main member would be down to help as in drive to my house and help me out which was very cool. I know the members are not entitled to drive to your house and help you out. I would always offer money beer and in and out but no one would be down to help out. I had asked for help to re install my clutch but nobody was down to help which was cool since it wasnt your guys's problem but shit happens. I always helped out new members since I knew a lot about these cars. I told them keep my number and ask me any questions you need help with. Sometimes I would go to there house and help them out with easy stuff. I learned a lot from you guys. I learned a lot about these cars mostly from Sam which he was always down to help me out and make time to check my bucket out all for a pepsi and a bag of chips or pizza lol Ive seriously learned a lot from you guys wether you guys think you didnt help at all any little info you guys gave went into my head. I met a lot of cool people here on this forum ever though im not liked by a certain member I still respect what he did with his car and what his friends told me what he did to his car. Im always down to help any of you guys out no matter what weather it was free parts or in and out lol. Point I went from not knowing what a 6 bolt or 7 bolt was or a fmic either to fully converting my car from automatic to 5 speed all thanks to you guys. Im thankfull I met all of you guys and I always apprciated when you guys would help me out. I still remember when I was new gus and sam stayed late with me at the meet when my car was being stupid lol.

Fri Apr 01, 2011 8:12 pm
DSM Regular

I myself don't post much here. But, i'm always reading on here daily. I do notice that newbies get treated on the low end. You just need to remember, You where all once a newbie. I've learned a lot from this forum. The reason i haven't been to a Monday meet is because of the distance & traffic. I'm about 60 miles from the meet (Thousand Oaks). I do have local meets that i go to. I represent my DSM proudly. You guys bash on these Honda owners at the Monday meet. But remember, they are like us. They love to modify their car. I myself don't understand why you would want to modify a Honda. But people do. I think all Honda owners want a DSM. But they are afraid to own one.
Sam, I know you want to see my #'s. I want to see 390-400awhp on 91. I think i have the mods to do it. So lets do a dyno day.

Fri Apr 01, 2011 8:38 pm
Profile YIM

Irv
1990 talon tsi AWD SOLD,miss her :'(
2011 Hyundai Genesis. Project "sega" lol. SOLD.fuck you economy!
1996 Talon Tsi AWD.trying again.

Fri Apr 01, 2011 9:07 pm
Official Photographer

I didnt post that in the wall of shame, I took the photo but I didnt put it there, and I wasnt gonna put hers there either just was shooting all the cars, hers is purple with a cf vent hood right? I think thats what I remembered I liked the look of the car and tried to shoot it right before you guys left then she yelled at me so I was over it

Fri Apr 01, 2011 9:32 pm
Profile WWW

Well said, C...

Fri Apr 01, 2011 9:34 pm
Profile YIM
Goderator

You know what, I'm not even going to lie. LADSM has been one of my favorite aspects of life for the past 4 years. I've met a ton of awesome people, many that have gone and I miss and others that are still around and have become good friends.

I literally can count on one hand all the members that have come and gone that I do not like and none of them are members right now. I've had my fair share of shit talking in the past and I know it dealt damage to our group in some way or another.

A few of people stand out in my mind. I'd like to start by apologizing to Jaimer, Javier, David and Edwin. They're two cool cats with positive attitudes that I felt I've been hard on at certain times in the past. I don't even know how many times I bagged on your Edgar but most of it was to you and you know I do it cause i love you, hope your healing well. To Clint, I know you're a pretty straight arrow and you don't always mix well with my personality but I'm glad you stuck around as long as you have. Alvin, you're constantly asking to be dogged on but you got a thick hide and you know it's from love. I don't give you enough credit but Wally really came up from when he first joined. I wish you would have kept the DSM going but that thing was falling apart faster than you could keep up with it. I hope your next car continues to bring you to future meets. And Hugo, I know we'll never honestly get along but I've always had respect for you and your DSM and hold no hard feelings.

I've said a lot of things I shouldn't have but that's not how I want it to go down as you guys remembering it. I'm sorry to all the guys I've named any anyone I left off. I love this community, its members and everything everyone brings to the table.

I know I play a large role in what goes on here and my decisions can directly affect what happens to us in the future. That's why I want to be as open about this as possible, I want you guys to know despite my shortcomings, I try to put the work in to keep us moving forward. I will put endless hours into the website, I will almost always be at any DSM meet, I will give the best help I can if you guys need car/computer/any related issues. My door is open not just to regulars but every member on here.

I can never tell you guys what to do, I can only hope I can lead you by example. This thread is reaching out to every member in LADSM. I will respond to your concerns and I will do my best to make things right or at least better for you. Please continue to take this opportunity to throw out anything you can think of that will help us become a tighter knit group.

Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:09 pm

:wtf: ...C, i think you have too much estrogen right not...really hope ur not crying!!! :mrgreen:

Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:28 pm
Profile YIM

I know you've and me had a share of smack talking on the forum but thats in the past. I know theres maybe like 2-3 members that dont like me and I can honestly say im sorry for what ever I did to make those guys upset. Im here because I like the majority people of people here and I personally dont have harsh feelings for anyone. People talk smack do it when people are present thats my thing.Were all boys and thats what guys do. Ive heard people bad mouthing others when their not their to defend themselves and to me that aint cool at all.
But Christ in my book your cool no need to apologize. I have no harsh feelings for you at all

Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:31 pm
Profile YIM

We are all grown ass men here. There will always be bitching and bickering. And the difference here is we can settle it by having a couple of cold ones and be cool about it and not hold a grudge like some others do...where is Tom Lykis when you need him, eff all this Dr. Phil CRAP :mrgreen:

Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:41 pm
Profile YIM
Goderator

Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:46 pm

Irv
1990 talon tsi AWD SOLD,miss her :'(
2011 Hyundai Genesis. Project "sega" lol. SOLD.fuck you economy!
1996 Talon Tsi AWD.trying again.

Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:44 pm
Reply to topic   [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next